“Not more then an average overpriced Wellness center”
Review of Therme Erding

Therme Erding
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Erding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover your Holiday Resort THERME ERDING, world's largest spa. Whether wholesome baths in thermal water, unique attractions about heat and health, thrilling fun on 26 slides or adventure in the new Wavepool area - for the perfect holiday feeling even a new theme Hotel.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 27 March 2012

During our ski vacation in mid march 2012 we took a day off for a SPA. After we heard so much about the facilities, we were disappointed. We found a youth camping site, full with children around 16 years old. The facilities wasn't well kept and wasn't enjoyable. All the food in the SPA is also over priced (no drinking water inside, if you ask for tap water you have to pay additional 0.5 euro per cap).
The place wasn't clean so clean and the crew members weren't friendly.
There is another section in the spa, the "Saunaparadies " which coast an additional fee of 11 Euros - which we didn't visit.

Our conclusion - we saw much better spa facilities

2  Thank YohaiE
ThermeE, Marketing Teamassistenz GALAXY ERDING at Therme Erding, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Yohai,

thank you for commenting THERME ERDING at tripadvisor.
We take our guest’s opinion seriously and excuse that we couldn’t convince you with our service.

Our caterer is an external company so that we have little influence on their pricing but we will pass your comment to them.
We are always keen to improve our hygiene and cleanliness because it plays an important role for us. Our cleaning stuff is cleaning all pools, floors etc. every day over night and is checking all areas many times during the day. But at weekends or on holidays our utilization is a lot higher so that we apologize for any inconvenience.

We excuse for the unfriendly service, your criticism was immediately forwarded to our management.
The reason for the higher amount of “16-year-old guests” is that especially the GALAXY targets to young adults and families as well as the Tropical Spa Paradise. For a real SPA treat and pure rebound we advise a visit in our Sauna Paradise and in the ROYAL DAY Spa, because the entrance for these areas is only allowed from 16 years old and upwards.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that we could give you a satisfying answer.

Marketing Team Assistance GALAXY ERDING

Write a ReviewReviews (2,256)
All reviews
in 5 reviews
"salt scrub"
"free sauna"

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife took me to Erding as a present for my birthday. It was fantastic! After parking (which was a breeze) we went in and were directed to the changing areas. They were all very clean and spread out so you weren't bumping into anyone else. Once we changed we headed out to the water slides, and honestly, you could spend an entire day just in that section and be completely content. They had a wide selection of both tube and no tube rides. The way up to the slides was pretty wide and it was easy to find which slide you were looking for. For it being all indoors they packed that place full of slides that were all unique and all very very fun. After a drink (which is recorded via a RFID bracelet so no need to try and drag around the wallet) my wife and I headed for the spa area. I have never seen so many steam baths and saunas in my life. Everything was clean and the atmosphere was extremely relaxing. Next we headed over to the adult pool which was heated and indoor/outdoor. Even in November it was great to be in the pool outside due to the heat. There were two bars located in the pool and also plenty of places to sit with jets and a mini river current inside part of the pool making it like floating down a river. We only spent a day there, next time I hope we have more time.

4  Thank SalzburgTraveler
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Had a great time here. It's a bit theme-park in places compared to, say, Caracalla in Baden Baden, but lots of different places to spend time and to eat and drink if you want.

Most things have already been said so I'll just summarise a few things that could help you enjoy your trip:

>The billing options are quite complex. There is a travel and entry package or for about the same price for a couple you do what we did and get a couple / (family?) all zones day ticket and pay entry separately. You can then use the travel ticket for the rest of the day around Munich. It's worth pricing up based on current prices on the Spa and Munich transport websites and deciding before you go
> If you go by train from Munich, cross to the opposite platform, keep going and then follow the diagonal track across open land. This is lit at night
> Don't be put off by the gray, rather functional exterior
> Pay cash as there is a surcharge for cards
> If you want to hire a towel, pay for it and get it at the pay-station. We didn't ask and weren't offered so had to go back to get ours when we discovered our error. Towels are all white, so keep careful track of yours. No one is going to deliberately take it but it's easy to get confused when it's busy
> Once you are changed (or have taken off your kit and wrapped a towel round you) go through the men's or women's showers as appropriate. Once on the wet side you turn left for the textile sections and right for the non-textile
> Other than the water slides, there is nothing on the textile side that is not replicated bigger, better and quieter on the non-textile side, so if you are thinking of turning right out of the showers you may as well just get on with it!
> The floors on dry side felt very slippery to me when I came out of the showers back to the changing rooms so take care!

Hope you have as much fun as we did. We spent around three hours there but you could easily spend longer.

3  Thank ChrisPJT
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This is an amazing spa. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that I found most of the pools/hot tubs to not be warm enough for me. My partner however was comfortable. If you are in the area do not hesitate to go.