“Well priced hotel near Frankfurt airport”

Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I chose this airport hotel based on the price, since most of the Frankfurt airport hotels seemed to be in the 500€ range! This one was under 200€, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise-- new and clean and well-designed. We had dinner in the cozy bar area, sharing a club sandwich and apple strudel. It's only a short distance to the airport, convenient for rental car return then shuttle bus to the airport
They wanted me to join their "Club Accor," and they had me at "free wi fi." It seems to be a French group including Sofitel and ibis! which is fine with me.
This was a good choice and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank LaElda
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I arrived at the Frankfurt Airport, headed down to Terminal 1 Entrance A on the arrivals level and the shuttle bus was waiting there. Turns out it runs regularly from early morning to midnight. The hotel is about 10 minutes away. The receptions staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It's in an industrial area (Lufthansa security and operations buildings surround the hotel) but a ten minute walk to the center of town gets you to restaurants, bars, a grocery store and several great bakeries. I didn't use he hotel restaurants. I needed the walk so I got a pastry and coffee in town. The hotel buffet breakfast was offered at 19 Euros. I would use this hotel again. I didn't bring my computer but there were two in the lobby that were free to use. One of the computers is connected to a printer to print out boarding pass.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First of all, in our room, in the bathroom, graffiti was on the bathroom wall. Pretty much the worst English word you could choose. Also from the time we got there the hotel was very hot. When we got to our room I turned on the air con immediately. We left for a few hours and when we came back, the heat was coming thru! We phoned the front desk and they brought up the key for a new room. We took the time and moved rooms. Turned on the air con and went out to try to find a place to eat. The hotel is situated in a very industrial area right near the airport. Came back 2 hours later, and the temp had barely changed at all. Best we could do was sleep (or not as I got none) with the window open and hear all the noise. On our way into Frankfurt we stayed at the NH for 10 euros less and had a much better experience. I usually choose Accor in any situation, but maybe Mercure is not the best choice, other than the staff was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel before an early departure from Frankfurt Airport.
Drive was only a few minutes. I had rental car, but they also have shuttle bus 2-3 times per hour.
Room was clean, good bed and with a bath tub.
Had an excellent meal at the restaurant at a decent price.

Room Tip: Near Frankfurt airport
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I spent one night in the Mercure on my way to London. The location is perfect if you have an early flight and the hotel has a bus shuttle service going to the airport starting at 5 in the morning.
It is a very functional hotel with all standard service. Rooms are large enough for a not too long stay.And do not expect a nice view from the window.
Try to avoid the New York restaurant downstairs. Menu is nothing special and the quality of the food is not fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The hotel itself was not bad, but the location was very inconvenient, it wasn't close to the airport, despite the name, nor it was close to the city.
I had to rely on the shuttle buses, even though the drivers were very friendly, it had an erratic schedule, and only served Terminal 1 of the airport, something that is not explicitly said in the web page, so I spent a lot of time trying to find the shuttle in Terminal 2, until I called the hotel and they told me I had to go to Terminal 1.

The staff was very friendly, I was checked in quite fast, but internet access wasn't free (€9 per day), fortunately the check-in lady was very kind and gave me a voucher so I didn't have to pay for it. In the end internet was very slow and unreliable, to charge €9 for that was a steal.

I was surprised to find the room to be very very basic for a Mercure property. it was more of what I had expected from an Ibis property, but it was quiet, very clean, and I had a pleasant night.

I don't think I would stay here again if I'm back to Frankfurt, mainly because the inconvenient location, and the very basic rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lovecraft
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
NH Frankfurt Airport
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
Comfort Hotel Frankfurt Airport West
Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Been to Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!