“The best bargain of non-frilly hotels next to Frankfurt airport”

NH Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Collins
“The best bargain of non-frilly hotels next to Frankfurt airport”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I need to qualify my "excellent" rating--it is excellent relative to other hotel airports. As others have stated, it wouldn't be the place to stay for more than a night or so. In our case, we had an early morning flight and needed somewhere close to the Frankfurt airport. That being said, I did not expect such a nice hotel: the room was very clean and quiet, we did not hear a sound from adjacent rooms, the employees were polite, and the the shuttle arrived as scheduled. (As another recommended, be sure to schedule ahead, especially upon departure.) My only complaint was the heat--as mentioned by another recent reviewer, the rooms are too hot and there are no controls. And as we arrived late the night before departure, we didn't have a chance to use the spa. We did not have a meal; the prices are always very pricey at hotels, and this was no exception. But all in all, a bargain. (A side note: I asked a very nice, well-traveled German woman we met at the airport-who also stayed there--about tipping shuttle drivers. I am a generous tipper. She said that no, though, one does not tip the shuttle drivers there, that they make a good living wage. So we were taken aback by a rather aggressive driver who expected a tip in no uncertain terms. My husband gave him the change in his pocket, but....I would welcome comments from others, especially anyone else who experienced this sort of thing.) I suppose that was the only downside.

1 Thank Colleen F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 29 December 2012

NH Frankfurt offers a Park & Fly service, you book one night and leave the car in their parking lot until you come back after your vacation. They have a bus shuttle that drops you off and picks you from the Frankfurt Airport for free. The Park and Fly service is more expensive then just staying there for the night, but if your plane leaves early in the morning, it is an excellent choice to be there on time for your flight after a good night of sleep and an excellent breakfast. The parking is underground or above ground.

You need to make a reservation for the shuttle to the airport. This is important as the Frankfurt airport is crowded and you need to be on time to make it trough security check. The shuttle is allways crowed, and without a reservation at not cost, there is no chance to get on the bus! The parking is crowded also. So better get there late afternoon our very early evening, or the undrgroung parking will be full!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I usually stay at other hotels around the airport. This was the first time I selected the NH Frankfurt Airport.

The weather in Frankfurt was challenging, due to a massive winter impact. The hotel staff was very focused on their guests, and helped my travel group to check in around 1:00pm (two hours early).

The restaurant is offering good hours, the staff is not the friendliest, and the food is good.

The rooms are functional, clean, warm, and have good internet connection.

The price point is very good for the service/package the traveler will get.

The shuttle runs on time and the driver is very helpful.

I can definately recommend the hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Ulm, Germany
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is a nice hotel very close to airport with a free (scheduled) shuttle service. Rooms are spacious and nicely decorated even I think the LCD-TV is too small (12" or so?). Bathroom with tub and German standard (could be any other German hotel). In winter the rooms are a bit too hot (no AC)

They also offer a well equipped Gym and a Sauna/Steamroom with nice relaxing area.

What makes me not to give 5 points for this hotel is the fact that they mess around with their "free Wifi" (now in all NH Hotels): it basically works but the connection is slow as a modem connection from year 2000... as you can also buy "high speed" internet I suppose they just try to fulfill the NH hotels policy by sharing some bandwith free but sell the real high speed. THIS IS SCAM if you ask me!

Tip1: book your shuttle service from hotel to airport by telephone before you arrive to avoid surprises (shuttle has only ca. 12 seats)

Tip2: you can park free of charge in the streets around the hotel (industry area)

Room Tip: book shuttle in advance by telephone
1 Thank joe1968
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

A one night stay at this hotel was enough to find out that it is overpriced, poorly managed, inadequately heated and very noisy! Planes land directly overhead and all rooms are effected. The breakfast that I endured meant that I had to clear my own table, find my own cutlery and cup, chase coffee ( although it was not worth it!), eat hardly warm food and generally be ignored and all at a ridiculous cost of €20. The room cost is over €100 and anyone who pays it must be mad or very desperate. Never again!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed at the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel overnight while visiting Frankfurt in November 2012. My review, in a nutshell, "A nice hotel that will meet all your needs for an overnight stay by the airport." I will also add that the NH Frankfurt Airport Hotel (henceforth called 'NH Airport') is probably one of the better "airport" hotels I've stayed at.

Rooms: The rooms are more than adequate and quite standard. Beds, bath/shower, closet, minibar, iron, hair dryer, etc... The rooms were clean and nice. No complaints. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons (it's an airport hotel, after all), but everything was very nice, stylish, modern, and clean. No complaints with the exception of the shower/tub. The bathtub is high off the ground and may be a fall/slip hazard to those with trouble standing, elderly, injured, etc...

Restaurant: There was a restaurant at the NH Airport. Excellent. The food is plentiful and delicious for your money. I had the local beer and the fried, herring sandwich (wonderful). My wife had the burger and it was similarly excellent. The mornings have buffet and service breakfasts were also delicious. If you have to wait around the hotel and need something to eat... you can do a lot worse. There is also a full-service bar. If memory serves, the restaurant closes around 10pm.

Lobby: The lobby was nice, clean, and attractive. Newspapers in several languages (including English) were available for free. There were 3-4 computers for internet surfing and printing documents, but cost money to use. However, the hotel provides free high-speed wifi for its guest (so use that instead).

Staff: Polite, knowledgeable, multi-lingual, friendly. While I didn't have any unusual requests or demands (I just wanted a bed for the night), they went out of their way to make sure I was happy and comfortable.

Shuttle: The NH Airport provides a free shuttle bus to and from the airport. When we left the hotel to go to the airport, we had to sign-up for a time (in advance to ensure there were enough seats). They also took care of loading/unloading our bags which was a nice touch. The bus ride was about 10 minutes maximum.

Location: It's an airport hotel. It's best for business travelers and those needing an overnight stay for a flight-connection (I wouldn't stay at the NH Airport if I were visiting Frankfurt for more than an overnight). There's nothing of any interest around the hotel - it's an airport hotel. Also, of note, being close to the airport, the planes fly VERY LOW as they are landing. Normally a noise issue, but it really didn't bother me or affect my sleep.

End result: An excellent option for those needing an overnight stay for business needs or airport connection. The service, rooms, decor, shuttle service, and food made it worth every Euro.

Rating Note: I rated this property 4 'stars'. The 4 star rating is in the context of an airport hotel. If comparing to a standard hotel, it would probably be 3 stars.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Esper
Bratislava
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We need to overnight accomodation for our flight connection in Frankfurt. I pick this because of good price and complimetary airport shuttle. I liked great breakfast and nice room. For the airport hotel better than expected. Good working internet connection. Nothing to complain.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tibor P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
#2 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#29 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to NH Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!