“Near airport”

NH Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is a comfortable hotel near the airport with a frequent, free shuttle. Free internet access too.

Beyond that, I'm not sure why it is often touted as a 4* hotel. It's more like 3 or 2.5. Nothing wrong with that but I expected more grandeur and luxury for the rating. However, it was inexpensive, so no particular complaints.

The hotel is pretty much only good for crashpad if you have a long layover at the airport. There is nothing nearby. There is a warehouse of some kind and some farmland but nothing else - not even a convenience store.

There is a restaurant on the premises, however.

The town of Kelsterbach is a good 20 minute hike, at least, but there you can find a few things like a supermarket and a few restaurants/bars.

If you're staying for a layover, this a great choice after a long flight as their shuttle is frequent and the hotel near. If you pay about double or so, you could stay at one of the hotels at the airport itself, though, and have all the amenities of that fine facility at your fingertips.

I don't think I'd stay again but you never know... depends on what others in the area cost.

Room Tip: They're all about the same.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My mother always said that the final night of a vacation would stick in your mind - so make it a good hotel! Which is what I thought I was doing. Two rooms, one a suite with smoking privileges was reserved and accepted.

No smoking I was told at check-in. But there was a door to a small patio outside the room. Went up to the suite. No outside. Back down. A regular room had the door. Switched from suite to room with no refund.

The bathroom ridiculous. Am I the only person who likes to take a shower and not find puddles of water all over the floor? The shower curtain did not go around the exposed tub and water cascaded all over the floor and commode - which sat at the end of the shower. A mess.

Finally, checking out I was asked if I had taken anything from the snack refrigerator. I said no, but asked if the tiny bottle of wine was complimentary. No, and it would be 20 Euros - or about $25. The wine would be for maybe two glasses. I told the clerk I didn't want the wine and gave it back to him and he looked like I had just insulted his family.

Not again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jamesdavidbell
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed for one-night as a long layover in Frankfurt. The shuttle service was fine and came with only a 15 minute wait at the airport (although the waiting area for all hotel shuttles is right by a smoking-area just outside the airport doors, which wasn't so pleasant during our wait) on pickup, and using it to go back to the airport to take a train into town. Upon initial arrival (around 11am) we were told our room was not available, so we used the lobby restrooms to freshen up, and left our bags with the front desk to go into the city to explore.

We only encountered issues with the shuttle on our morning departure back to the airport as they was a lengthy line ahead of us. The first shuttle was full, but based on others' reviews here we had allowed some extra time for this. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes for the second shuttle.

The wifi was working, though occasionally a little problematic. There are unique log-in codes for each individual who wants to connect (so we had 2 in our room). The first log-in code the front desk gave me would not connect, but after going back downstairs to get another one, I was finally able to get connected. The connections worked fine for basic email and internet access, but we weren't trying to stream anything.

We enjoyed the complimentary in-room hot tea and picked up our own bread/pastries the night before in town for breakfast the next morning, so did not try the hotel restaurant. There's not much else nearby (no coffee shops or bakeries within walking distance).

We booked through Hotwire and got a very good rate. Unfortunately, instead of one double bed or one king bed, we received two twin beds pushed together, which I understand is common while travelling abroad but was a bit uncomfortable.

Otherwise the hotel had somewhat thin walls and we could hear some airplane noise outside, but it was tolerable and fine for a one-night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

very helpful location for transit or one night stay. good wifi coverage, big rooms, fresh food and good cheff, delicious breakfast, helpfull staff, shuttle from airport, 3min from frankfurt airport. try it

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. It was clean. Had all the necessary stuff in the hotel. There is a kettle, complimentary coffee and tea, hair dryer, toiletries, everything basically. I chose this hotel because it is nearer to the airport and I won't miss my flight. Shuttle service is on-going throughout the day from 5am to 12midnight, so that is great if you want to get food from the airport. I was very pleased with the stay. No complains. To get to this hotel, you need to take shuttle bus number 1. The shuttle has NH Hotels printed around it. :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed one night to be close to airport restaurant was fine, room was clean and quiet. Location is not greatest as it is near the airport and did not see much else within walking distance but overall great for location. There was also a shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Great place for an early morning flight out of Frankfurt airport. No more than 5 minutes away. Very nice efficient hotel. Had trouble with the hotel wifi which I did not manage to sort out. I know of two other guest's who had the same problem. However the wifi problem did not detract from a nice experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
Ibis Frankfurt Airport
Ibis Frankfurt Airport
#2 of 8 in Kelsterbach

Been to NH Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!