“good nights sleep close to the FRA airport”

NH Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kelsterbach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

High quality hotel very close to the airport with good van service. Clean, comfortable, modern with helpful staff. Great for a nights sleep before going to the airport. The most important feature was close convince to the airport for a modern comfortable hotel. We slept well and did not have to wait for the hotel's van to the airport which ran every 20 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Very good location for overnighting near Frankfurt airport. Friendly staff, good shuttle service and wi-fi worked very well.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a hotel between flights near Frankfurt airport

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My first choice wasn't available and I chose this hotel given my budget constrants. Room size was decent and there was free airport shuttle every 20 mins. Free wifi was available for only one device. They put me in a room on the ground floor. To access the room, I had to walk past the restaurant which I find rather strange. Since I was only there for one night, I didn't ask for another room. The corridor along this section looks old and worn and there was no view from my room. It's within the airport area but with the windows closed, the room was quiet enough. There's nothing around the hotel so you can forget about shopping or dining elsewhere. Overall, it's just another airport hotel. I don't think I would stay here again if I had other choices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed at the NH this week. Not my usual choice, but due to some sort of plumbing convention, Frankfurt was full and in any case I had an early flight and wanted to be close to the airport.
The first impression is that the planes are very close and this hotel is directly at the end of the runway, so as you enter and check in, you can barely hear yourself think as jet after jet fly overhead.
The reception team are very pleasant and efficient, I went to my room with some trepidation, I really wondered how much sleep I could get but once in my room I was amazed that if the window is shut you really only hear a faint whirr. Also worth noting that flights stop between 11pm and 5am.

The room is comfy enough, a bit dated but clean and for what I paid, it was not bad value.

The breakfast was expensive but all tastes were catered for and it was quite tasty (except the coffee!)

The free Internet is a nice touch until you realise that it is so slow that it is more frustrating to try and use it, I could not even get a fast enough connection to download my daily newspaper on my iPad. (Yes, I know! First world problem! But just don't offer a free service and make it rubbish).

The free airport transfer bus is great, every 20 minutes and really close (5 minutes).

In all, I cannot complain too much, it was good enough and as with all airport hotels, they really just serve a purpose. But I cannot say it was better than average.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Nice basic hotel close to airport. Good service. Quick response to your requests. Nice fitness room and yoga room. Good breakfast food, a bit expensive ( 22€) in my opinion. Coffee/tea in room. Free shuttle. Very close to airport. Overall, good European hotel.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014

It's one of number of airport hotels located around Frankfurt airport. There is shuttle service from Terminal 1, A section - actually it's a special small platform for variuous shuttle buses, particular for NH FA hotel has numbers 1 - DON'T be confused with another NH hotel bus No. 2, which serves different NH hotel. Also there is an intercom board, where you can call hotel regarding this service. The ride takes aprr. 5 minutes.
Hotel from outside looks really not impressive - simple 3 level building, however inside they have large amount of rooms, surrounding small inner yard. Rooms are reasonable sized and equiped, windows can be open. Be aware, that hotel is close to one of major Europe flight hub, so one of planes landing track is just above the hotel - planes are landing every few minutes day time and making a strong noise - for more sensitive people it might be a big discomfort.
Positive: short distance to airport and free shuttle; restaurant inside hotel with reasonable meals
Negative: location ( as mentioned before - non-stop plane traffic ); expensive breakfast ( 22 eur ) - for this price in many Germany hotels you could get much better one; and finally - internet service - absolute disaster.
Internet service in Germany hotels deserves separate discussion. Compare to other countries situation, here it still in stone age development stage. In this particular hotel, free wi-fi exist with certain limitation of 100 Mb only ( !? ), also requires complicated log-in procedure. Otherwise you shall buy internet service for extra charge - didn't made this on principle, so can't judge the quality of paid service.
Overall it's one of few Frankfurt airport accomodations - not the one placed directly in airport, however considereably cheaper compare to ones, located in airport itself. Consider using it based on fares available and if you don't mind using internet.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for one night – arrived late and departed early and the overall experience was good. It was not blow-away brilliant. Firstly, I arrived to Terminal 2 in Frankfurt airport and I learned that the hotel shuttle bus does not routinely collect from Terminal 2 but if you telephone (or as a very kind shuttle bus drive from another hotel did for me) they’ll collect. This was after I enquired at the airport ‘information’ desk in the arrivals hall about the best option to travel to the hotel – the not so helpful man advised me very firmly not to take a taxi because the €20 fare would be very disappointing for the drivers have been waiting for a very long time – I thought about taking the scenic route to keep everyone happy (but that’s not for this review). The hotel is about 10 minutes by shuttle bus. Check-in is quick after you have filled in the state-required forms .. (getting late at this stage). The room was nice, modern and clean, room service was quick, the shower was powerful and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast selection was really impressive and service excellent. Check-out was efficient and friendly. When I said the WIFI did not work in the room, this was deducted from the bill – but it is a point to note. I did pay for the premium WIFI offer by the hotel through Swisscom, as I had some work to do – there was intermittent service at best but nothing that would allow me down-load e-mails. This really is not good enough in a business hotel. Overall, the hotel was fine.

Room Tip: Request a room within range of the WIFI service - not available in all rooms.