“Good experience after a quick night”

Airport Hotel Kelsterbach
Airport Hotel Kelsterbach
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kelsterbach
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Good experience after a quick night”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I arrived into FRA too late to catch the last train for my onward trip so found this place. Call the hotel up to have them send their shuttle (10EUR). The room itself was clean, relatively modern - no complaints whatsoever. The shuttle driver woke up at 4:30AM to take me to the first train.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Recoleta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Clean and welcoming hotel, 10 minutes by shuttle bus from Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and close to a good Italian restaurant. Ideal for a one-night stop-over before departing FRA or after arrival. Staff pleasant; breakfast is Euros 9.00 but well worth it. TIP: phone up for the shuttle or print out the directions to the hotel. It's a strangely long street and street numbers are confusing, plus the fact that taxi-drivers don't seem to know it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Covington, Kentucky
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We booked our VW Campervan to caravan across Europe through DMR, which was right down the street from the hotel. If you are in need of a place to crash on last night before leaving the airport, this is a good option. We returned our van, walked up the street to the hotel. DMR called them and was able to get us a decent rate for the night. They had a shuttle to the airport the next morning. Not much else to say about place, was it was clean and comfortable for us. It was in walking distance (few blocks) to train station. We took a train into downtown Frankfort to explore around in our last night in Germany.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I have booked one night in this hotel for a business partner, who was to arrive late in the evening and had a meeting in the airport next morning. The booking was guaranteed with a credit card, since I knew that the guest will arrive after 6pm. The hotel ignored the guaranteed booking and has just given the room booked to someone else, My partner has found himself after arrival without a room, the hotel staff has tried to convince him, it was his mistake, and the booking was not guaranteed, only after he has shown the booking, they agreed, they have made a mistake. What to do?! The hotel suggested the alternative, the other hotel. After driving the taxi for tthe next 20 minutes the guest has found the other hotel's door locked and noone on the reception. Another phone call, another hour of waiting, then at last check in after 3 hours (!).

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kobri
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We stayed here with 2 jet-lagged toddlers after a 13hr flight to get some rest before starting our big adventure in Europe. This hotel is 10mins from the airport, so not really an 'airport' hotel, and was almost empty and being renovated whilst we were there. The room was basic and clean, but the pink/red bedspread was hideous!

The shower-room was TINY (tiny half-bath in the base of the shower did the job for 2 toddlers though, and these were being renovated), and we were not offered a cot (even though one was requested) so had a king bed and a single for 4 people.

Service was okay, no offer of help to get all our stuff up 2 flights of stairs to our room, but didn't expect a lot from a suburban hotel. No aircon, but this is to be expected in European hotels and was no real problem for us. Apparently there was a restaurant in the hotel, but it didn't look like it was operating. There is an Italian restaurant just up the road, but we did not eat there.

We bought dinner and breakfast from the supermarket about 5mins walk away (there was a fridge in the room). There is a little park with some play equipment about 5mins walk up the street where we spent the afternoon getting some fresh air. There is also an internet cafe just across the road.

Overall is was an okay place for a sleep and for the price, but our hotel in central Frankfurt where we stayed for the next few nights was much nicer for a similar price.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Ireland
Reviewed 21 April 2008

Booked on the Internet.

I arrived at the hote with my colleague in a taxi having come from Frankfurt airport. The hotel was extermely difficult to find.

The advertisement said the hotel included a restaurant. When I asked about this the guy at the front desk ignored me. I then gave my name and booking details and again I asked about the restaurant and he very rudely said: ''No, there is no restaurant. Outside there is one, 5 minute away". I went outside to tell my colleague who was still lgetting out of the taxi and these two guys litterally came running out of the hotel after me waving a piece of paper shouting at me. They were extremely rude and thought we were leaving and threatened to charge my credit card. I explained that I was not intending to leave but based on this reaction and rudeness I was now going to leave. An arguement then ensued with the guy advising that the policy is that if you dont call by 6 PM they will charge you for the room. I advised that it was my intention to stay but on arrival and with the reception, or lack thereof, I decided that I would not. This also amounts to false advertising. And of course, you guessed it, my credit card was charged.

My advice is to stay at the Steigenberger. They may be expensive, but they know how to be hospitable.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BrianLarkin
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Really not that close to the airport. 1- S-Bahn stop from airport. But a little over 10 minute drive.
I took the train and made several wrong turns walking to hotel.
Street names change and the street changes directions twice. Get good directions first. Mine sent me in the wrong direction.
Thank goodness for the locals who helped me. All four of them!
My double room was right over the entrance. Could hear conversations. No elevator and nobody offered to carry my bag up to first floor. Charge for breakfast. 10 euro charge for shuttle to airport.
I was suspicious of red bedspread. Only TV in Germany that didn't have at least one English channel (most have BBC and/or CNN.)
No night stand(s). Had to sleep with my watch on the bed so I could tell time. Wake up call came when ordered.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — evening clerk that checked me in.
  • Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelsterbach
Ibis Frankfurt Airport
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Lindenhof Kelsterbach
Lindenhof Kelsterbach
#5 of 8 in Kelsterbach

Been to Airport Hotel Kelsterbach? Share your experiences!