“Great Stop”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Raunheim
Lahr, Germany
“Great Stop”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spent one night here on our way back to Canada. We had a room with a balcony and kitchenette. It also included breakfast which was really good. The hotel is very clean and the staff are all really helpful.
We had supper out on the patio and it was fantastic. The largest schnitzels I have ever seen.
We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Our rooms with kitchenette and balcony are much affected by families who have a stop over while they travel in or from holidays. The “Hessen” in Germany are famous for their hearty and opulent meals. So we are happy you were satisfied with your “Schnitzel”.

Daniel Enders
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I travel globally for business and this is the worst hotel I've stayed at in years. It is outside of Frankfurt and not ideally located to anything. 36 Euros from the airport. The bed is basically a pallet on the floor with a duvet that's too small and one sad looking pillow. I called room service but they never answered the phone. Temperature control in the room is poor. The staff and the restaurant downstairs are nice but that's the best I can say about the place. I will never stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank virgo24j
Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The distance between our hotel and Frankfurt Airport Terminal 1 (Departure/Arrival) is 13.3 km if you go by car. We provide an airport shuttle without charges which shuttles from monday to friday from 6.30 am until 10.00 pm and on saturdays, sundays and holidays between 6.35 am and 8.00 pm.

I paraphrase from your description of the room that you have booked a single apartment room which explains the size of the bed (one single bed 90cm x 100cm). These rooms have an integrated kitchenette. We also have rooms with french size (140cm x 200cm) and queen size (160cn x 200 cm) beds. Our blankets have all the size of 135cm x 200cm and in each room you will find an additional blanket and pillow. Each room has an individual adjustable air conditioning system and a separate radiator.

I am horrified that your room service call was not answered. I personally double checked our telephone system and I ensure that this was en exemptive incident.

I appreciate sharing your problems with us and I hope you would get in contact with me so I could convince you to give us a chance to show you that we can offer better services as you had at your last stay.

Sincerly
Daniel Enders
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Raunheim hotels

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Wings Hotel was very good and the staff were very helpful. Unfortunately we went to the wrong Mercure hotel to start with and the staff there were not as helpful. There are about five different Mercures around the airport so please check carefully that you get the bus to the right one. It cost me 20 euros in a Taxi for my small mistake!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was in Mercure Hotel Wings at Raunheim on 21st to 23rd Oct 2013 (3 days). Hotel is far away from the airport as well as from the Frankfurt City. It will take more than 45 minutes to reach in the hotel from the Frankfurt airport. However, hotel is very nice. Rooms in the hotel are big in size and very comfortable. Rooms are very neat, clean and systematic from the inside. The overall area of the hotel is very huge. Gym is available in the hotel but not up to the mark. Only few equipments are available in the Gym. You can not enjoy that much. Swimming tank is not available in the Hotel. It is good thing that WIFI is available with free of cost. Food quality in the hotel is good, but since it was not made as per Indian’s requirement, I have not liked that much. The available staff is very supportive and always ready to serve you. They are always providing the right advice to you and guide you as per your requirement. If you would like to have quite calm area, it is already preferable to visit in this hotel. Overall comments are good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raunheim
NH Frankfurt Airport West
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#30 of 269 in Frankfurt
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport

Been to Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport

Property: Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport
Address: Anton-Flettner-Str. 8, 65479 Raunheim, Hesse, Germany (Formerly Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport)
Region: Germany > Hesse > Raunheim
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Raunheim
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mercure Wings Frankfurt Airport