“Surprisingly practical, but dont expect 4-star service!!”

Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Raunheim
Tromsø
“Surprisingly practical, but dont expect 4-star service!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

First off; I was pleasantly surprised to find an easily concealable kitchenette, with microwave, two plate, fridge, china, etc. Good-sized room as well, with mostly good furniture. However, that's as far as the good surprises go.

The air conditioning did not work either, and it was a hot summer day when I checked-in. The reception would not pick up the call from my room phone. Some staff were nice, but some were just unresponsive, frankly cold and seemingly bored.

In what universe is this a 4-star hotel?

The hotel is a bit far from the airport, and the free shuttle is a little irregular. With public transport, be prepared for some walking. The redeeming factor though, was that the hotel offered to pay for a taxi when the shuttle was out of service, which was pretty cool :)

But here's the kicker for me; the rooms have old-fashion lock and key-hole. On the weekend of my stay, some minutes before 9AM, someone opened the door, pocked and peeked around for a minute and left, without locking the door or saying a word. I could not see who the person or persons were. I was both shocked and frightened, especially since a note on the table had said I should not expect daily house-keeping, but weekly. There was no need for a "Do not disturb", I thought. Of course, I later learned the note was in error.

It took the reception more than an hour to establish the identity of the person(s) that might have opened the door without knocking or identifying themselves as house-keeping. I had to immediately book another hotel because I could not feel safe. I was later told that was house-keeping, and that the house-keeper had infact knocked and identified herself (and she might have, but who can tell; so early in the morning on a weekend :) I cut short my stay and moved to another Mercure Hotel in Messe, which was a breath of fresh air.

This little misunderstanding cost me rather dearly (no refunds with some online deals), and I hold the hotel partially responsible for masquerading as 4-star. With this rating, we have come to expect much more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry that your stay did fail your expectations so hard; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are working in service industry, and service is fully addicted to men. But men could do mistakes, as it happened in your case.

I would like to tell you, what in regular our service includes; by reference to the points you listed in your comment:

In general we provide air conditioned rooms. The air condition is working 24 hours and the temperature it obtains is depending on the outside temperature. So if we have a very hot day it should cool more than on medium temperatured days. I have ordered technical maintenance to check all rooms on functionality of the air condition.

The front desk is permanently manned with minimum one staff. For your requests you can dial the reception phone. When there is one staff at the reception and he has to tend upon a customer, it could come to the exceptional case, that he can´t answer the phone. You also can dial the worldwide Mercure quality hotline 2424 from your room telephone which is connected directly to the host on duty. He will immediately pay attention to all your concerns and provide a solution.

The distance between our hotel and Frankfurt Airport Terminal 1 (Departure/Arrival) is 13.3 km if you go by car. We provide an airport shuttle without charges which shuttles from Monday to Friday from 6.30 am until 10.00 pm and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays between 6.35 am and 8.00 pm.

We attempt to give you safety and the opportunity to withdraw in your room. I personally talked to the housekeeping department and I ensure that our staff always enters guest rooms by saying name und function.

All things considered I only can express my sincerest, deepest apologies for the multiple human errors occurred at the stay you had. This is really an outstanding and exceptional incidence.

I would be pleased, if you could get in contact with me, so that I could beg your pardon personally, because I am really upset about your eligible bother.

I really appreciate you feedback which is very important to us to better serve you in the future. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 21 July 2014

the shuttle bus to and from the hotel is horrible, there was no airconditioning, no seatbelts (very dangerous), no curtains on the windows in a 35c heat it was like a sauna, the baggage is on the floor in front of the passengers...i would not reccomend this as before this hotel had a nice coach and this is really downgraded...dissappointing

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I see you were on the same bus as the previous writer. I fully agree to your concerns regarding the shuttle bus. I immediately informed our contractor to change the bus and take on with air condition and enough space, as we have booked. The bus was replaced promptly.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Raunheim hotels

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel shuttle service to and from the hotel is really terrible.
The hotel uses an old small van with no seat belts, no air conditioning, no storage space for luggage.
On July 19th, the 8.35am shuttle was overcrowded with customers traveling standing up. The back door opened while on the highway.
Really unsafe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 5 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel as part of a group tour whilst travelling in europe in may 2014.we stayed just for the night but were pleased with the facilities.the rooms were clean spacious-since we were 3 adults we did have a big room.the bathroom was clean n had all the necessary amenities n good bath products too.we had a corner room at the end of the lobby n so had a good view.a drawback of the place was that the dinner was served in some basement area n thus was quite claustrophobic.the restaurant was ok.breakfast again was just abt ok,not much to offer for vegetarians.the hotel could do with a lil work,would make it better stay.since we were to only stay overnight n leave early next morning,we couldnt check out any further facilities that the hotel had.also the hotel has nothing close by so walking around,u wont find anything much to do.overall it was a decent experience with nothing g8 but nothing bad too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. It is important to us to receive positive as well as negative feedback. Especially to enhance our quality of service and better serve you in the future.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence of possible inconveniences.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Even though I had a corporate rate for 91 euros, that is still a lot for the little comfort. Thin pillows that once you put your head on felt like pancakes, whereas bed was really hard. Old, stained carpet; desk was in really bad shape. The rooms badly need updating. Long human hair on the rim of the bathtub (we both have very short hair) The biggest drawback was the shuttle service which stops for TWO hours around mid-day exactly when it's prime check in time. However, the hotel website does not show this information and neither did we find it posted at the hotel pick up area at the airport. Even when the shuttle is running, it's a good 30 minutes to the airport, so not exactly close. I would not stay there again. This property is not on par with all other Mercure anywhere else. I have stayed at many other Mercures around the globe which are consistently superior compared to this one. I hope management is reading reviews and cares enough to improve quality. Most reviews I have read are below average to negative.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Daniel E, Front Office Manager at Best Western Amedia Frankfurt Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Mercure Guest,

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hotel Wings Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

In general I am total frustrated hearing you were so dissatisfied with your stay.
Exceedingly your description of a long hair in the bathroom and the stained carpet in your room horrify me. I personally take action today to discuss the matter with our housekeeping department to improve the quality of cleanliness.
Most of our pillows are stuffed with 800g of feathers or downs. If one pillow is to thin you can use a second pillow, which is present in each rooms, or order some more at the reception, which is 24 hours available.
Our shuttle service runs every day from our hotel to the airport which is located about 12km distance by car. You can find the schedule here: https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10502070_552946024814634_8432021806459909034_n.jpg
I will double check that we put this schedule at each bus stop station between the hotel and the airport.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room was big, clean and had a balkon as well. My room had a perfect outview to the river and a small Yacht Club it was pretty. It was my first hotelroom with a small kichen and I had enought place for my clottes as well. The only bad thing the building waiting to be renovated...

Room Tip: 913 is a smoker room in the old building (outside the parking place, where the shuttlebus stops) at...