“Spectacular”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel and restaurant are both simply spectacular. Visited with my kids, my sister and her kids, and our parents. The kids loved the idea of 'sleeping in a castle' and were enchanted all night and the next morning exploring the museum (must see for kids) and gardens.

The dinner was a wonderful 2+ hour affair with many (6?) courses and pairings of local wines with each different course. Service was excellent at dinner and on the grounds in general.

Leave your bags by your car and the porter will bring them up with the golf cart. The road alone is about 5 flights of steps plus the stairs once you are inside the structure.

Room 31 was great for a family and #11 was excellent for a couple.

Can't wait to come back.

1  Thank Troy W

Reviewed 27 June 2017

food was good ..not spectacular, but good. breakfast buffet was typical German meat, cheese, fruit and pasties. Views are fantastic from the terrace.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

My brother was in town so we took a drive along the Rhine to view the many castles. Along our route we stopped at Schönburg Castle for lunch. I must say it was the perfect stop, and now I am planning on taking my wife there one weekend.
The restaurant staff was very friendly, and the view up and down the river was spectacular. We enjoyed an outdoor table which made the short stop perfect. I enjoyed a lite lunch of their savory ham and cheese tart with a salad; paired with their bio beer. Between the sunshine, view, service, and wonderful meal I found myself in the perfect location. Looking forward to my return.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stayed here for two nights the week before Christmas! Despite a shaky start (there was a mixup with our reservation and we were ushered into the wrong room), this was probably the highlight of our Christmas tour of Germany!
After being shown our correct room, we settled in and couldn't have been more happy! Little touches like a bottle of port and chocolates and the tasteful room decor all combined for a memorable stay.
The restaurant meal (included in our room tariff) was EXCEPTIONAL!! The food was lovingly prepared and offered a real modern take on traditional ingredients. We decided to treat ourselves to the matched wine-tastings (additional cost) and again, we were not disappointed. I enjoyed one wine in particular and when I asked if I could have a top-up, the waitress refilled my glass with a wink of her eye and said 'my treat'.
A great place to explore and just take in the ambience and character! Not too many places you can actually stay in a medieval castle!!
If you get the chance to stay here and your budget allows for it, DO IT!! It's worth every cent!

Reviewed 23 April 2017

For a real treat on the Rhine I recommend a visit to this restaurant
It really is something special.
Based within a Fairy tale Rhine castle you immersed in an atmosphere of friendliness and care,the food is superb.
If you are in the area and want something special Go Go Go.