“Unexpectedly good”
Review of Hanse Hotel Soest

Hanse Hotel Soest
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Soest
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Found the place after 500 miles motorcycling through storms and went for the nearest the sat nav could offer
On arrival met by a charming young lady who spoke brilliant English
Clean tidy and reasonably priced the only moan was a single bed and only 1 pillow
Had dinner in the restaurant and the meal was good Breakfast there was a good choice and included in the room price
If passing that way again would definitely stay
Under cover secure parking for 2 motorbikes at no charge

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barry1789

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My brother and I stayed here for two nights B&B in the middle of June. We had travelled on our motorbikes and were visiting the Dams area.

The hotel was prefect for us – good car parking where the bikes could be near the hotel. It was only a short run down to Mohne and Sorpe dams on the bikes over the couple of days we were there. We also spent a day exploring the lovely town of Soest (only 1 Euro 70 by bus from just outside the hotel).

Bedroom and linen were crisp and clean. The shower was marvellous with plenty of hto water which is precept for washing off the dirt from a dya on the motorbikes.
The breakfast was good – choice of fruit juice, cereal, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurt, bread, pastries, bacon and scrambled egg. All washed down with tea and coffee. This always set us up very nicely for the day.

The hotel was free wi-fi which they admitted they were having some problems with. Bizarrely enough both my brother and I could get the w-ifi signal perfectly from the car park. Think their router needs re-positioned perhaps.

Overall it was perfect – we had booked well in advance and got a good rate for two sharing a twin on B&B basis.

Soest is a lovely place and well worth visiting if you are in the area. Plenty of places to eat and drink and loads of cafes in the squares.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Drumbowie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel during the night of 4 of June 2014, I made a phone call of some minutes from the room to Italy and the day after, when I asked for the cost, the man at reception gave me a piece of paper in which he wrote by hand a price of 20,80 (twenty) €uros!!! Please, note that a similar phone call from Berlin to Italy made ​​the day before cost less than 2 (two) €uros. I do not know the real destination of the money since that person dit not show me a printed bill but a calculation written by hand (piece of paper available). When I asked for an explanation, he told me that it depended on the network... I do not know if in Germany there are different networks and tariffs, but everything seemed strange and not so fair. Please avoid this hotel and in any case do not use the telephone!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank giuseppe g
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Hanse Hotel is a true and fine hotel in Soest in Germany. As a guest you are pampered with a spacy clean hotelroom and a good breakfast. The staff is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel welcome. The medieval fairy tale center of Soest is at a 5 minutes drive.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I used this hotel on a stop-over during a road trip from the Netherlands to Germany. The hotel has sufficient parking spaces, the hotel is convenient located near an exit from the autobahn, located in a quiet neighborhood.The room I had was clean, and contained all I needed: a comfortable bed, television, modern bathroom. The breakfast was typical Dutch/German. The good price for decent quality was the reason why I choose this hotel, and I would use this hotel again on a next road trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jesse V
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Stayed there overnight when traveling by car from Utrecht to Jena.

Good points: convenient for motorway, spotlessly clean and shiny, friendly staff, acceptable food (served in the bar when I was there), lots of parking, reasonable rates. Soest has a pretty old centre (5 minutes drive from the hotel).

Bad points: very small room, no mini-bar, a bit boring, no room service (which I really like when I am traveling on my own).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2011

On a recent trip to Germany I stayed in the hotel and had one of the best 3 course dinners that I have ever had in Europe.
The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean with very friendly staff who speak good English

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be the same but rear of the Hotel is quieter