“Nice place but a bit far from the airport!”

Munich Airport Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Freising
Alba iulia
“Nice place but a bit far from the airport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great and the rooms are clean and nice but from the airport to the hotel you make about 25 minutes when is not crowded!
The breakfast is very good also you have plenty of food to choose from!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I think this is the first time I am lodged in a Marriott. Calling it "Airport" whilst being 10,5 kms away from terminals (not the airport boundaries, my dear) is a bit misleading. Yes, there is a shuttle to such terminals at 11 euros. I had my breakfast payed, but starting the service at 6:30 very few people taking early flights (maybe this is why we decided to sleep close to the airport) can enjoy. No, Sir, there is not a lobby coffee machine to prepare oneshelf a cuppa "on the go". Neither a possibility to have a packed breakfast. I lost my parking ticket and I had to pay 24 hours (like anywhere else), but in other parkings they do not know when one checks in. Room minibars were empty, but there is this unattractive microshopping possibility at the lobby. Wifi on payment. On the positive side: Restaurant service and the food was great, but a glass of (good) red wine at 8 euros amounting to a dinner total of 50 euros per person for one and a half portions was a little too much for what I expected to spend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tanja M, Front Office Supervisor at Munich Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with the Munich Airport Marriott Hotel.

You indicated in your response that your stay was uncomfortable. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your and our own expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Jennifer Kusber
Front Office Supervisor
Munich Airport Marriott Hotel
jennifer.kusber@marriotthotels.com
004981619660
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our family stayed here for one night at the end of our Bavarian holiday, with an early morning flight departure we wanted to be close to the airport. What a wonderful hotel, only wish we had discovered it earlier and been able to stay more nights. From the minute we walked in the door the staff could not have been more helpful and accomodating. They arranged our airport transfer and as we were departing too early for breakfast, arranged take-away food for us the following morning. The airport van driver was a delightful personality as well. The property was spotless and well appointed. If this wasn't enough the front desk recommended a local Italian restaurant "La Fattoria" (see seperate review) which served some of the best Italian food we've had since we lived in Italy. In the area, stay here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tanja M, Guest Relations Manager at Munich Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and for your recent stay.
We are more than happy that you experienced a comfortable and pleasant stay at our hotel and we would be more than glad to welcome you back in the near future. We will certainly forward your positive feedback to our front line employees. We wish you a wonderful evening.
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found the Munich Airport Marriott Hotel, in Freising, to be very nice. It is well appointed and very clean and the staff was quite helpful. The hotel is not at the airport, but a 15 minute drive away in a lovely town which is a suburb of Munich. The hotel provides shuttle service to the airport (for a reasonable per person fare). We found it to be delightful to be in Freising, which is a town with a very nice square, a number of restaurants and shops and the world's oldest brewery. Awaiting a flight out the next morning, it was very nice walking around town the evening before. There is no concierge/executive lounge at this hotel, but the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant was abundant and very well done. Unless you need to be "at the airport", this is a relaxing and excellent choice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front of the hotel with a nice view of some of the town spires a few blocks awa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

For business travel, I have found that true Marriott Hotels are always reliable, clean, and high quality compared to most of the other chains. This hotel meets all of the high Marriot standards, yet has a lower price compared to other hotels in downtown Munich.

The hotel is located in the charming old village of Freising, and there are some nearby sightseeing opportunities. The staff is excellent and helpful. Also, there is a convenience store in the lobby, which is nice because I hate having to search around for a nearby place to buy snacks & drinks when I am working on reports in my room.

My only complaint is that this hotel doesn't really have easy travel access to the airport. Yes, the hotel is only 6 miles from the airport, but those are a hard 6-miles through local roads. If you plan to travel by Taxi, expect to pay about 25-Euro and spend 20+ minutes (depending on traffic). If you use a rental car, leave 30 minutes early to account for traffic, wrong turns, looking for a gas station, getting lost, etc. GPS is recommended.

My one complaint is that you have to call for for the Marriott shuttle bus after you arrive at the Hotel bus stop... and my cell phone wasn't working. I waited for 1 hour for the shuttle to come before I realized that I had to call. Next, I went to the taxi stand to get a ride. It was ~6pm, still in rush hour. The first taxi driver declined to take me to the hotel (this created a big incident with the other cab drivers). After everything calmed down, the 2nd driver agreed to do it, but he made a cell phone during the trip and was complaining about it because of the traffic.

Bottom line is that this is a great hotel, but I don't think it has easy access to the airport.

Room Tip: I requested a King room. It had a refrigerator and a mini walk-in closet. So, I recommend the King r...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and I'm not normally a fan of "chains" but the service is superb and incredibly friendly. Rooms spotless and can't wait to get to bed to experience the feather mattress topper that's on my bed!
Dinner was excellent, very friendly waiter who made an excellent wine choice for us.
Cannot recommend highly enough and will definitely be back

Stayed July 2014
Friesing
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We love the Marriott and travel a lot for business. However, we decided to stay for two nights for our anniversary for 170 a night. When we get unpacked and go to the restaurant for dinner we find out that the wellness center is not open. We would not have stayed if they would of told us the pool and spa and exercise room are closed due to fire. The staff are wonderful the rooms are nice. But does not come with all the services listed on their website
Mrs Gordon Compton

• Stayed July 2014
Tanja M, Guest Relations Manager at Munich Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and your recent stay. We do apologize the inconveniences caused by the currently closed wellness area. We are currently proceeding all necessary instructions to rebuilt this outlet. We hope we will get a second chance in the near future and we would be more than happy to welcome you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freising
Hilton Munich Airport
Novotel Muenchen Airport
Moevenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Corbin Feng Shui Business Hotel
Mercure Munchen Freising Airport

Been to Munich Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!