“Quiet and comfortable hotel”

Corbin Feng Shui Business Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Freising
Bergen
“Quiet and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Quiet and comfortable hotel; very nice and service-minded staff. Fairly fast internet connection; no extra charge. No dinner restaurant, but it was possible to order takeaway to your room. But good choice of restaurants in the area.

The breakfast was on the average side however, with just a standard selection. According to the hotel info it should be possible to order side-dishes like scrambled eggs, but none of the staff was offering this option.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Zürich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We just stayed the one night in your hotel but it could have been many more since we felt welcome, comfortable and the room was great! As was the location, the breakfast and the personnel. Our little one even got chocolate easter bunnies during breakfast and we felt very attended too. On a next trip in the area we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am a planespotter so I was looking for a hotel near to the airport (but not too close to avoid the noise), but also in a town with restaurants and shops. Corbin meets this criteria and offers a lot more. It does have relaxing atmosphere, nice design and extremely helpful staff. A big plus is that it is a relatively small hotel so you almost never run into anyone.

Breakfast was wonderful. Very good choice of jams and cheese. They even make you eggs (I had eggs omelette with ham and tomatos, recommend!) and it is included in the price. There are no sausages, though.

There is free minibar in the room (drinks only, no candy) and it was mentioned during check-in. They also offer free bottled water on your departure.

I am a light sleeper, so following the advice here we asked for an upper floor room which is not facing the street and this is exactly what we got, plus a corner room, so the noise was reduced substantially and we slept well (plus you have neat sound-proof door; you can still hear your neighbors a little, though, which surprised me at a hotel of this level).

The room itself was crisp clean, modern furniture, and although it is not extra large it provided enough space for two people, it darkened well and the windows open! I loved the large heating which cosily warmed the room. The room also features an amazing arm-chair, which actually is comfortable, unlike in many other hotels. The bed is very comfortable and when we asked we got extra blankets no problem. Feng Shuei in this case means there are no sharp corners and all is round and nice with calm colors. On the downside: 1) we also detected sewer gas smell (it appeared on two days out of the four we stayed) in our bathroom, as some reviewers mentioned, but when you close the bathroom door, you do not smell it. Still, it should not happen. 2) you would expect a flat-TV and a wider selection of TV channels. 3) inventive, but confusing lighting control pads mean you have to try all the buttons every time to get the light you want. 4) no tea kettle.

Parking is free on the street almost in front of the hotel. But at check-in we were offered the hotel garage - however, they tell you it cost 7 eur per day only when you ask. Considering Freising is no Munich and already paying well over 100 eur per night, I said I would like to park for free and the staff readily recommended where to park on the street.

There is free internet in the room but you have to connect with a cable (they lend you one at the reception). The voucher is valid for up to 3 days, which is handy. However, if you travel as a couple and you both want to use internet, you cannot - there is only one LAN connection slot in the room. You also cannot use two computers with one voucher (one password), so you are stuck with only one computer with internet connection.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed here as a family of 4 the night before our flight home and it was ideal - the rooms were comfortable and clean and we had adjoining rooms so 2 bathrooms! The breakfast was plentiful and very good - they even make you eggs and such included in the price if you ask. And the ride to the airport after breakfast was convenient and done in 10 minutes. We did make the mistake of walking from the train station to the hotel at night with our luggage and it was a little further than I would have liked, would take a taxi next time and if we are in Munich again there will be a next time. Also had to walk some to find a restaurant at night, but felt safe in the area. Not a quaint German hotel, but perfect for business and getting to the airport.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travelingagain08
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

At first, I had no idea what a "Feng shui" hotel would be like and almost stayed at my usual Marriott. I'm glad I decided to give the Corbin a try. Other reviews were right that it doesn't look like much from the outside, but when you step into the lobby...the relaxing sound of the waterfall, the heat from the fire, the images of fish swimming...I loved it here. Yes, you have to pull your car into an elevator to get to the carpark, but it was easy. The room was on the small side and there was only a shower, not a bathtub, but I gave it a 5* because of the friendly and helpful staff, the delicious breakfast buffet, the relaxation, the close proximity to town-you could walk to restaurants, and the abiltiy to buy a bottle of wine in the lobby. Did I mention the free minibar? That was a first for me. This hotel is so close and convenient to the airport. It didn't feel like I" wasted" a night waiting for a morning flight. I loved the hotel and the city!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank DogmomCoeur
Lausanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago whilst travelling on business with a colleague; we planned to pick up a colleague arriving from the airport the next morning so were looking for something nearby the airport but quiet. We arrived around eight o'clock and the staff were efficient and friendly. Although there is no restaurant in the hotel there is an Italian one just around the corner (two minutes on foot). The room was in very good condition, quiet and clean. There is wireless internet access, and a mini-bar in the room with a 'pauschal' fee for all the drinks in it! A good selection of meats, cheese, cereals and fresh fruit was provided at breakfast. I parked on the street (free) or there is paid parking at the hotel

Room Tip: My room on an upper floor on the left-hand side of the hotel (viewed from the front) was very quiet...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Whirob
Tampere, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

I spend one night at the hotel during business trip. The hotel more than full filled my expectations. Very nice hotel with friendly staff, spacious clean up to date room. Breakfast was also very good.

Only one negative point. I had a room in the corner of the hotel that is located next to the intersection of two streets. And the window was not isolating the noise from traffic very well. However this did not bother me at all, but if someone needs total silence to sleep well then worth to ask for a room from another side of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you need total silence, ask a room from the "non-street" side of the hotel. As there is...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JaniOo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freising
Hotel Bayerischer Hof
Mercure Munchen Freising Airport
Gasthof Lerner
Gasthof Lerner
#5 of 11 in Freising

Been to Corbin Feng Shui Business Hotel? Share your experiences!