“What a win.... A must!!!!”

Gastehaus-Pension Zeranka
Ranked #2 of 41 Ruhpolding B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our initial plan was to stay in Priem near the Herrenchiemsee Castle... Think again I was told every time that I tried to make a reservation at a reasonable place( it was a long German Holiday).Thanks to google earth, tripadvisor I decided to make a reservation.... Our first stay at a Gastehaus so did not know what to expect. WOW, thank god I found this place.

Look no more!!! We stayed 1 night. The room was excellent, with a mini bar (reasonable charges and a great cold beer after a long ride and hot day). It even has a micro wave.

The bed linens, pillows and duvet cover top of the line, down feathers in all. So clean, we must have been the first to use the room. Slept like a baby.

....and the breakfast. It reminded me of a trip that I did years ago in Ireland. It was Fantastic, to include you choice of eggs, in a beautiful setting and with cloth napkins :).

The town of Ruhpolding is really nice with great restaurants. It has a beautiful church

I am in Garmisch,as I write this review and would love to return and spend a week. A must if you have a rental and are already exploring the area.

Note that Ruhpolding is about is about 40 minutes from Priem and is also on the Michelin 3 star rating - "Deutsche Alpenstrasse" that goes from Lindau to Berchtesgaden.

I highly recommend a stop in Ruhpolding and an overnight stay, if not longer at Gastehaus Zeranka.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were touring the area. This guest house is easy to find, although a little out of town, and has free parking right outside. You could probably walk to town in about 20 minutes as there is a good footpath directly outside. The views are amazing from the rooms at the front as they have balconies. There is quite a fast road outside, but it did quieten down at night. The bedrooms at the rear will be quieter but don't benefit from the balcony.

The rooms were very clean and well appointed - our room had a lovely kitchenette with microwave, electric hob, kettle, coffee maker and cutlery/crockery. The bed was quite soft and unfortunately was a little creaky! The shower had great pressure and was large and clean.

Breakfast was really good with the usual continental choices. The owner also gives you the choice of freshly prepared eggs, omelette or pancakes which was a nice touch.

Overall, friendly hosts made for a lovely stay and felt it was good value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Situated on the main road into Ruhpolding it can be noisy but the well insulated doors and windows prevent a lot of the road noise from affecting you.

On arrival we were greeted by our friendly host, who showed us to our well appointed rooms, we had a family room with balcony, lounge/kitchenette and separate bathroom and bedroom. The other double had a fridge, microwave and some crockery, enough to make yourself a snack. The room was tastefully decorated and very clean.

Breakfast consisted of, bread, cheese and meats with a choice of egg, cereal, fruit, and crispbreads, plentiful, fresh and excellent quality.

The only gripe I have was the beds were not that comfortable to me and I struggled to get a full nights sleep, we had a wooden framed bed that squeaked a bit. This is my personal opinion and bed comfort is a very personal thing so don't let this comment put you off.

I would suggest it's a 3 min drive to the town, there is a footpath so walking is feasible. The supermarket however is on the main road and might not be suited to pedestrian access.

Lovely garden looking onto woodland, I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a traditional guesthouse vacation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We enjoyed every moment of our stay. We had a lovely stylish room with a kitchen and sitting room. Breakfast was excellent. The area is outstanding with so much to do. Rupholding is a charming town and the free pass for transport, parking, cable car, etc. which was included in the price was exceptional. Our thanks to the owners for making our stay very special and all their advice for where to go, restaurants etc were invaluable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JILLE810
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Haus Zarenka is easy to find and that was really important after 1000 Km driving. The multilingual masters of the house are very friendly. The guesthouse is in style furnished and the breakfast is rich. The outskirts and the panorama from our room was beautiful. I wish we could stay one night more to be able to make a walking-tour into those high hills. I would like to recommend for those who likes high level accomodation, nature and quiet.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed for two nights in August. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Owners are helpful and friendly. Excellent value for money. Ruhpolding itself is great, lots to see and do. The 'extra card' provided free of charge by the guesthouse is excellent, providing free admittance to many attractions and free parking in the town. I highly recommend Gastehaus Zeranka as a comfortable base to explore this beautiful area of Germany.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are away from road noise but have no balcony.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed here 4 nights and we chose this place based on the Tripadvisor reviews. The Ruhpolding city/village is nice and there are plenty of things to do. You will get a Urlaubpass from the hotel/guesthouse and the use of it is included in the price. The pass is very good as you will get free of charge use of many things in Ruhpolding or you just need to pay a bit extra to enter some places. This is not the case with all the Urlaubpasses in Austria so please enjoy the chance!!

The Guesthouse Zeranka is very nicely decorated and although the rooms are rather small, the rooms are very cosy and beautifully decorated. The nice surprise in our room was a small kitchenette with coffee and tea as we didn't expect it. The service is friendly in the guest house. There is a limited parking place next to the guest house but it is free. The breakfast itself was a disappointment as the selection was very limited although the homemade scambled egg or pancake was good (you can choose only one warm dish in the morning and the lady makes it). There is only one natural yogurt available in the morning and it is not cold. Neither are the juices and milks, so if you like warmish juices... So if I may suggest Guesthouse Zeranka; please make a selection of cheeses and hams plus juices, milk and yogurts in a cold "stand" so the guests can independently select what ever they want. And two types of yogurt would be a very nice thing and surely it would not cost more for the Guesthouse :) In addition I am sure that the Guesthouse would not need to discard so much food like now when you bring the cheeses and hams ready in a plate as from a cold stand the visitors could take only what they need.

Visitors, remember that the price per room does not include the tourist tax which was (I think) 1,50 euros/night/person. The WLAN worked out well and was free of charge.

In general the Guesthouse Zeranka is a nice place to stay and I would self choose a room without the breakfast (maybe I have a too demanding taste....) as the breakfast was a disappointment for us, in general otherwise the Guesthouse was nice but based on the Tripadvisor reviews I did expect more.