This was our 2nd visit to the Alpen Club, having previously been in Oct 2009.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment this time and I cannot fault it for comfort, cleanliness and equipment. I still rate the accommodation as 4*.
We did not try the restaurant as we had a poor experience on our first trip and with being out and about, we preferred to eat out.
The wifi internet was my only problem. It is firstly not cheap at about 28 euros for a week and then it did not work in our apartment block. It was fine as soon as I went out the main door into the the garden but it was -5 out there and ok if i went to the reception area. Despite complaining about it most days and reception contacting the provider, promises of a fix never materialised. I did get a partial refund.
As our trip was at the end of November, it coincided with the start of the Christmas Markets. We used the Bayern Ticket or the local group BOB ticket to get to markets at Chiemsee, Rosenheim, Bad Toelz, Augsburg, Regensburg and Munich. Although it snowed, we had no issues with the trains.
We will certainly return, perhaps in summer next time to do lots of hiking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps, close to the tranquil lake Schliersee, Karma Bavaria is blessed with some of the most stunning mountain scenery. Karma Bavaria in Schliersee has all the facilities to make your vacation a success. This recognized health resort has a unique setting and offers something for everyone. It has an excellent restaurant and bar, along with indoor and outdoor sporting and other leisure activities. The resort consists of 82 beautifully appointed units with modern facilities, equipped with kitchen(partly)and tasteful living space with Satellite TV, DVD and balcony. The resort is also near the bus and train connections to both Munich and Salzburg, so sightseeing tours of both are within easy access during your stay. Popular activities available near to the resort include hiking, and many different winter sports. Whatever time of year you travel, and whether it is winter sports or summer relaxation - Karma Bavaria is a wonderful place to visit at any time of year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Karma Bavaria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenclub Schliersee Hotel Schliersee
- Alpenclub Hotel Schliersee
- Karma Bavaria Schliersee, Germany