“Management could not change the weather!”

Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rottach-Egern
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my only complain about staff and the hotel! Otherwise the team in this hotel did everything possible to make our stay a memorable one. Based on the weather conditions, we had to use the hotel facilities and had some time to talk with employees and management. The team is very charming and helpful and within the hotel you have everything, to spend a rainy day inside. From wellness to gym with golf simulator to table football to pool billiard etc. not to forget the very nice rooms and places / corners you can read a good book and have a glass of wine. In the smokers launch with a very nice flat screen you can enjoy a cigar and watch whatever you like. This is value for money.

Room Tip: The suites cross the road (Hofe) are something you should see and enjoy, special with kids.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Jutta R, Guest Relations Manager at Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Larry,

What a fantastic review and headline!!
We are absolutely delighted that we could manage to provide you with a memorable holiday at the Egerner Höfe.
It makes me and the entire hotel staff extremely proud that you are recognizing the friendliness and helpfulness of all staff members.
That’s what we try to achieve every day – “Fulfilled Guests”

Wishing you a warm and sunny summer and hopefully we can sometime welcome you back with sunny weather.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was only there for less than 24 hours and I wish I could have stayed longer.
Attractive Bavarian style with lots of timber comprising 2 large bedrooms, 2 massive bathrooms, a large eat-in kitchen, large sitting room, clever lighting, large balconies, TVs in all rooms (all in German), comfortable large beds with good pillows, wonderful shower, all beautifully maintained and spotlessly clean.
Just an hour by train from Munich and set in spectacularly beautiful countryside and mountain lakes, the hotel is not right on the lake but just a few minutes walk away.
I was there to speak at a conference, and the evening entertainment was a murder mystery dinner which seemed to be very well enjoyed by the German delegates, though sadly my German was not good enough to pick up on the Bavarian self-deprecating humour. It was still a nice way to have dinner, which included a traditional schnitzel with potato salad which was excellent ... Not surprising as the chef has a Michelin star.
Breakfast was great with a wide selection of German breads and what to put on them and excellent coffee. I even had a personal Nespresso machine in my room.
The staff were great ... Friendly, helpful, well trained even dropping me at the railway station when I left rather than having to call a cab, and they all spoke enough English to make it easy for non-German speakers.
It is a wonderful privately owned hotel with it's own unique style, rather than being part of a global chain which are generally the same wherever
in the world they are located.
I will definitely come back to the area, with my wife next time, for enough time to explore what looked like a delightful part of the world, and would not consider staying anywhere else.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LesH211
Jutta R, Guest Relations Manager at Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear LesH211,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to write such positive and extensive words about your recent stay at the Park-Hotel Egerner Höfe.

We are glad that you could enjoy your suite and our excellent cuisine even though you only had a 24 hour stay and it was rather a business trip for you.
It makes us very happy that you felt taken care by our employees. I will defiantly pass on your words to the entire staff.

We are already looking forward in welcoming you and your family back to the Tegernsee area and please do not hesitate to contact me personally regarding your future “holiday” reservation.

Wishing you all the best from Germany.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We long debated between Egerner Hoefe and the Ueberfahrt, but evenually settled on the former, and it turned out to be the right choice! (More later) Its multiple buildings are located in a quiet street away from the main drag of hotels and restaurants, not on the lakefront, but only a 7 minute walk away in either of 2 directions. When you arrive and all through your stay, you are aware you are in Bavaria from the architecture, the decor, the menus, and the staff. We stayed for a full week and the service was superb with only one glitch -- service was very slow on the night before the 21st anniversary celebration, but when the food did arrive, it was excellent. And the staff more than made up for this at all subsequent meals.

The staff are personable and friendly, their English ranges from excellent to that necessary for their job, the receptionists are truly great (recommending the best local barber for my husband and mapping the location, making sure I knew where the best drogerie was, and more). My husband likes to eat without long pauses, and the restaurant staff were more than accommodating, and also let us split meals, and order items not on the menu. The Wiener Schnitzel is superb and I also liked the veal meatball dish.

Indoor pool is long enough for laps, though only for 2 at a time.

We stayed in a suite in Valentina which seemed brand new. Decor was rustic. Beds really comfy as were the linens. Lovely cotton sheets, fluffy towels, and the coziest bathrobes I've ever worn.

The hotel isn't the glitzy city-type that the Ueberfahrt is. Grandiose and you can't tell what country you are in and certainly not at a lake resort. On 3 of the times I visited or passed by, the public space was dominated by huge groups, ranging from 2 busloads of German women to a large contingent of Muslim families. In contrast, the Egerner Hoefe is understated, the function rooms hidden away, but the quality and service are clearly 5-star. A perfect week!

If I could ask for one thing more it would be a snack menu for the middle of the day. You can get a couple of sandwiches and salad in room service, but we would have liked to eat less than full meals in the restaurant or terrace.

Room Tip: If you want a truly quiet room in a new building, opt for one across the street from the main buildi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susanmccallum
Jutta R, Guest Relations Manager at Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Susanmccallum,

First of all we would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and for taking your time in writing such extensive words.

We are glad that you choose the Park-Hotel Egerner Höfe as your holiday getaway again this year.
I am extremely overwhelmed about your positive comments, ranging from the friendliness of the employees, the comfortable rooms, the comfy bed and lines and the superb meals.

Our philosophy is clearly as you are describing: being a luxury Bavarian charmed discreet holiday resort where everyone is welcomed.

I thank you for your comments regarding the snack menu during the afternoon. I have already spoken with our Food & Beverage Director Michael Fell. We are always seeking in offering a large and diversified offer that suites every savor.

Once again we appreciate your time and we are looking forward in welcoming you soon back to the Egerner Höfe

Wishing you all the best

Sunny Regards from Lake Tegernsee,

Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is rather quaint with the staff dressed in traditional Bavarian dress- all the women in dirndls however I didn't see all the men in leder-hosen? The staff are very welcoming and polite, always greeting guests as they go about their work. I used the gym which is small but well equipped and didn't get a chance to use the swimming pool unfortunately. The views are stunning as the hotel is surrounded by forest and farmland. Hotel is clean, very well maintained and bright. Food was great- make sure you have plenty of room for fruhstuck! There is so much to choose from.
Toiletries are not of best quality and there is no hair conditioner supplied but that's just a minor point.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Jutta R, Guest Relations Manager at Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear TreasaC,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your valued time in writing such lovely words on Tripadvisor. Please be assured that I will pass on your compliments to all our staff members.
I absolutely agree with you that our environment and the region of Tegernsee is beautiful and a fantastic place to enjoy your holidays.
In regards to your comment regarding our toiletries we appreciate your constructive criticism and please be assured that our owner and his management team have already taking measures and plans in constantly investing and improving our Park-Hotel Egerner Höfe.

We are looking forward in welcoming you soon again to enjoy the beauty of Oberbayern.

Sunny Regards from Rottach-Egern,

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Excellent location if you want peace and quiet. Wonderful service and attentive staff. 3 star michelin cuisine, the best! Near shopping malls and lake. tons of restaurants around offering different german beers. All praises! lovely breakfast too. This is a short review bec i got zero complains. My review is normally so long so i can itemize and whine about the inadequacies of hotel. If u want a lovely time, this is the place.

Room Tip: Free car service if you are going to the near shopping center. Cars are jaguars, benz or range rover...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jutta R, Guest Relations Manager at Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Graceannsy88,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and your warm words.
Your praise about our cuisine and the staff is amazing.
I am more than happy to share your compliments with all my colleagues .
We are looking forward to welcome you and your family again.
Wishing you a lovely time.

Kind and sunny regards from the Tegernsee.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Stayed here on business recently. Had a great room with seating and dressing area and a massive bathroom but unfortunately no view as the surrounding areas are beautiful. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean and well kept.
Communal areas and restaraunts are comfortable and pleasant, eating on the terrace is particularly nice if the weather is good. Food was lovely, I would say very good gastro-pub style with a german twist but very enjoyable and well presented. Breakfast was a huge continental feast and service throughout the hotel was very good, helpful, friendly and professional. The traditional Bavarian dress was a nice touch I thought.
Internet access was a problem, there was no internet access at all in my room, even with a cable and the access code I was given to use in the communal areas kept expiring and had to continually be resubmitted, which was annoying.
Business facilities were great in terms of rooms, refreshments etc...
Within a few minutes walk you can reach the lake and local town which are very pretty and worth a visit.
On the whole I really enjoyed my stay here and look forward to staying again....just need to get the wi-fi sorted.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Superb service, overall comfortable Bavarian style (but cutting corners here and there), spacious well equipped rooms. Wonderful breakfast buffet with service. Excellent spa. Convenient underground parking. Walking distance to lake, "town" and shopping quite reasonable.
Unfortunately our room was noisy at night (annoying furniture and door sounds from hotel lobby/lounge, kitchen, restaurant)

• Stayed: February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rottach-Egern
Althoff Seehotel Ueberfahrt
#11 of 12 in Rottach-Egern
Bachmair Hotel am See
Bachmair Hotel am See
#9 of 12 in Rottach-Egern

Been to Park-Hotel Egerner Hoefe? Share your experiences!