“This place is amazing!”

and 1 more site!
Ferienwohnung Mayer - Casa Patrizia
Ranked #2 of 23 Schwangau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were in Casa Patrizia for 3 days on last floor-room and it was great! In the winter, always warm and very nice hosts! We made ourself for eating in the small kitchen. Great place, I love that town!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Petia C

Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed for only one night before going to Neuschwanstein castle.
Exceed our expectation in comparison to the price. Good accommodation and nice, polite owner.
We arrive a bit later than the check in times. Hohenschwangau was very quiet. However, the owner was very nice and waited for us.
We stayed in the attic room. Very spacious. Clean. The sofa bed has a balcony door which you see the castle being lighted up at night. The attic room is more of a studio. There is a kitchenette with induction cooker, cookery, kettles etc ; dining table and bathroom. We didn't use the facilities much as we only stayed one night. But our son was definitely happy to play with some of the toys available.

Room Tip: If I can think of a negative, for person with reduce mobility/a lot of luggage, I would not recommen...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2012

It was one of the best private hotels (apartments) where I've ever been. Amazingly big room with private kitchen, very bright bathroom, big TV, and good sight from the windows. There is not breakfast or dinner, but nearly there is a very good restaurant in a hotel with a big and inexpensive portions.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was travelling with my friend, and it is a shame we had only one night to enjoy this fabulous little attic room. The suite was huge compared to all the dinkie rooms we stayed in across Germany, the location was perfect, just a short walk into town and a few km to the castle. We prebooked tickets for the castle, so we woke up early to check out, and they had no problems watching our bags for the day. The owner was nice and helpful and even drove us to the ticket pickup for the castles. It's walkable from the train station...but with bags, you may want to take a taxi (about 5 euros) or hop on bus 78 or 73 (which drops you steps from the door). Great price!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Very nice place. The appartment is big, beautiful, clean and suitable for a family. We and my family enjoyed our stay there. There is a beautiful view from the balcony.Thre is a very good bavarian restaurant in the sorroundings of the hotel where you can have a good dinner. The breakfast of the hotel was also good. It is served in the appartment. We stayed there during November 2010 and the only dissapointment I had was when I woke up in the middle of the night ( about 01:00 a.m.) because it was cold inside, I checked the heaters and I noticed that all they had been turned off during the night. My family did not realize it. Only I. The heaters were turned on again just in the morning at 07:00 a.m. Except for that everything was in order. Staff was very polite and helpful. I would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed one night at Casa Patrizia, and we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the bigger flat that had two rooms with double beds and a large living room with an extra bed. There is also a dvd player and a Play Station so it would be a perfect place to stay with kids if the weather is bad. The kitchen is well equipped and the supermarket is not far away.
Since it was November we had a view of Neauschwanstein, which is hidden behind a tree when it has leaves.
We had some problems when we were going to pay, though. Even though they accept credit card payment it didn't work, and we tried two different cards. These cards also worked at other places later the same day. On the other hand, most holiday apartment houses in Germany don't accept credit cards anyway, so this was not a big problem.
The flat was a bit too cold to be pleasant though. This was the end of November and it wasn't very cold outside, but I imagine it can be really cold in this area later in winter.
However we recommend this place anyway, and ten minutes walk from the house you can find the Kristalltherme sauna complex where you can get as much heat as you want.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2011

This is a lovely place to stay. I wish I'd had more than one night to enjoy it. I was on my own and had the charming attic apartment, it was finished to a high standard and I loved the light coming in from the dormer windows and the balcony. I got a great night's sleep as the bed was comfortable and the place was very quiet. The reasonably priced breakfast was tasty and filling and set me up well for a day's walking. There's a nice place to get dinner a couple of minutes walk away.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo