“Lovely stay”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Schwangau
Spruce Grove, Canada
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Hotel weinbauer while traveling through the black forest by car. It was a great location, close to all the sights so you can walk but away from the really touristy square. Parking was also quick and easy and the hotel provided a little voucher that gave us a discount on some activities in the area.
The room was large with a lovely balcony. The balcony door opened to provide great air flow and cool the room down at night, although it was a bit noisy outside the window at times. It was also very clean and the included breakfast was FANTASTIC! Anything you could want, including a coffee machine that could make at least 6 different drinks.
The restaurant attached to the hotel is a must during your stay, make reservations!
If we're ever back in the area we would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We recently stayed a second time at the Hotel Weinbauer. The first stay was back in 2007 and we managed to unintentionally rebook the same place again for our second visit to Neuschwanstein. this was a stroke of luck since the hotel is situated very conveniently to visiting the castles, as well as the town of Füssen. In addition, the rooms are clean with a nice atmosphere, the breakfast is excellent, and the front desk is helpful. This is a place I would have no hesitation to come back to. During my first stay I had used the spa facilities located in the hotel (nice) and we enjoyed an excellent meal in the restaurant.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the back of the hotel with a room of the castle.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is perfectly located as it is about a 7-minute drive to Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castles. I tried booking a room in this hotel for 3 people from various web sites, but all of them reported that such a room was not available; however, I was able to book it directly from the hotel’s web site. The triple room that I booked cost me EUR 120 per day, and the room was large with large bathroom, comfortable beds, and a balcony. The beds were quite comfortable, and we had a good Wi-Fi connection in a room. The breakfast was also included in the rate, and it was very good with lots of choices. The restaurant located on the ground floor is one of the best in the area (number 3 on Tripadvisor list), we visited it for dinner, and we liked it a lot.
What I also liked about this hotel is that they provide free parking so I did not have to worry about finding a parking place. The way I planned my trip is I first visited the castles, and then came to the hotel in the evening for check-in. What I did not know is that the hotel had some discounts for visiting the castles; unfortunately, it was too late for me. So, if you’re thinking about visiting the castles first, and then checking-in in the evening, think again as it may be beneficial stopping by the hotel on your way to the castles, and picking up those discounts. Since I don’t know the value of those discounts, you may want to contact the hotel directly to find out all the details.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Solon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed one night here prior to seeing the castles in the morning. You are so close to the castles, you really beat the crowds. The rooms were comfortable and breakfast was good. Typically European offerings. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Room 41 has a view of the castles.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan P
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had booked this hotel based on other reviews. It is located in a row of other hotels (the area being highly touristic due to the castle). So, look for the highly ornately painted building. We were surprised when we arrived that it was only 3 stars! The room was spacious (we paid the extra for the view to the castle), very spacious. The bed was super comfortable and there was a spacious balcony outside. The bathroom too was the biggest we've had, with a fantastic shower. Very clean and very comfortable. They also have a steam room , but I didn't try it out simply because we only stayed for 1 night. For dinner, we went to the hotel restaurant and my husband was very happy with the haxen - which is pig's knee. The breakfast...served in the same room as dinner - was plentiful. A great choice of breakfast items and plenty of room to sit so as not to be crowded with other eaters. Best value for money that I've experienced so far.

Room Tip: We chose the room with a view to the castle for a little extra. It was quite romantic to see the cas...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, and could easily have extended our stay for a whole week. The hotel is very pleasant, nice rooms, great bathrooms, very clean and breakfast was excellent. We had requested a room with castle views, and sure enough, our room was on the back and we could see both famous castles from our balcony. Great town as well, with excellent restaurants. We had a lovely stay, and would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hotel very cozy and lovely. Everything very much was pleasant to me. Single room spacious with a good big bed. Shower cabin big and convenient. At hotel excellent restaurant. Breakfast sufficient. On a reception very friendly employees, however in a hall for breakfasts not so friendly woman works. In hotel there is not bad Spa the center. Surely visit Cristal terms!
I will arrive still!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwangau
Hotel Waldmann
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,534 reviews
Hotel Helmerhof
Hotel Helmerhof
#5 of 16 in Schwangau

Been to Hotel Weinbauer? Share your experiences!