“Very nice, only a few drawbacks...”

Wyndham Garden Bad Kissingen
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Bad Kissingen
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Lovely hotel, great location. Incredibly comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast. I had thought the website advertised free wifi but it is only a paid hot spot. Only 5 euro for 24 hours so not so terrible. Only issues were that my single room bathroom is very small and I had to wait 20 minutes after finishing my dinner before a waiter finally arrived to close my bill. But sadly that is pretty standard in Germany. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights.It was extremely relaxing and with such a delicious and filling dinner I slept like a baby. The hotel staff were very friendly. The hotel does need pictures in the guest rooms but other than this I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone who just wants to relax and get away from everyday life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel from the outside seemed very nice but unfortunatelly our room was the worst we have ever stayed.We had ants walking in the bathroom and the staff didn't help us at all.It was like we didn't exciste!The breakfast although was good.Too bad...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vivi s
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is the old Bristol Hotel that was re-branded the Wyndham Garden Hotel this March. The Hotel is old but clean and comfortable. We had a large two room suite with a king size bed and a guest bathroom in addition to the full bath. The breakfast is great, probably the best we had in Germany. Parking is limited in the back of the Hotel with a total of about 10 spaces. Parking is also available on the street in front of the Hotel and around the Hotel. Some of the parking has a fee during the day on weekdays, so must be aware to pay in time to avoid parking tickets.

The staff at the front desk and in the dining room are pleasant and efficient. When we stayed in May and June, the Hotel was not yet hooked up to the Wyndham computer system, so they did not have our reservation. Bring a print-out of the confirmation just in case. The elevator needs to be replaced. It is very small. It says four people max, but two good size folks fill it up.
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much and found the Hotel a great value.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the Hotel look out over the Saale river and the rose garden, but are smaller...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Saskia at the front desk was especially very accommodating. She was able to change my reservations due to a snow storm I was stuck in driving from France and find me a parking spot very late at night when I checked-in. The room was very comfortable. The hotel has old world charm to it. The marble stair case is magnificent and the breakfast is very good. I even had a dip in their large pool and it was excellent. All in all a very nice hotel and the rate was very reasonable!

Room Tip: I would recommend that you get a room facing the front of the building. The views are marvelous!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We got to Bad Kissingen much later than we thought we would one evening last year on our trip to Germany; we had stopped elsewhere in search of friends and family. GPS lead us to the Bristol. We had a 4 nite reservation. The place and city are incredibly quite at nite, no sound at all; we checked in quickly, my mother's German helped at that and were surprised at the spacious room; beds are nite large in Germany anywhere, they were just twins, expect things to me modest, smaller and simplier while travelling in Germany; and everything takes longer when getting from place to place; anyways; Parking at the Bristol you can park up on their curbs and really accross the street but signs say no parking, however just down the street away from the city is plenty of parking along the river and it's a nice walk at nite or in the morning and it's free; most place you go in Europe you don't want to have a car, this is a place where you can; Bad Kissingen is in a good location to venture out in the day after the Bristol's INCREDIBLE breakfast, never miss it no matter what! I miss it every morning!!!! Take advantage of the steam, suana and pools, seemed to be open anytime; if you need ice, they do have a huge ice machine in the kitchen, bring large freezer bags! Almost no hotels in Europe have ice machines, and will charge to bring it to room!

Room Tip: Balconies are great, a balcony with a city view would be incredible, we had a room with a rear of th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We go frequently to Bad Kissingen - for the superb spa opportunities and for the summer or winter festivals featuring opera, chamber music or early music/world music.
The Bristol is a good choice for accommodation for any or all of the above activities. The room was comfortable, large and somewhat the worse for wear. We didn't spend much time there, though, being busy to be about town and attend concerts. We did have the breakfast buffet there, which was adequate but nothing special (I never had a hotel breakfast in Germany that was...)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple