“Average Place with good location, service could be improved”
Review of H+ Hotel Bad Soden

H+ Hotel Bad Soden
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bad Soden
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in January. Because of bad weather there was no way of driving up to the entrance to unload heavy luggage. I was told that because of ice they couldn't open the gate. Well, they should have cleaned it then I guess and I would expect it from a hotel like this.

Overall the hotel is ok, the rooms are ok, but not great. The people at the reception were rather unfriendly and should be trained further. Some were professional, others not. Only in the restaurant the staff was quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast was of small variety, but good quality. Coffee machine were you can get your own cappucino, latte or whatever was a plus.

Cleaning done by a guy was not too great, I felt he just changed the towels and made the bed.

Surrounding area is very nice, lots of good restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms towards Park have a lovely view and are quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Anna S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey. I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologise for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 November 2012

This hotel is conveniently located next to the Kurpark in the center of Bad Soden. That means walking distance to a number of good restaurants and bars, and to the railway station. For me also to the office. Also good for walks in the countryside. The region is quite pretty.
The rooms are so so, very simple. Bathrooms very basic, with an old fashioned bathtub shower, and soap from a dispenser. No fridge, no minibar, but a sales outlet at the reception. Decent restaurant, and a sports bar which is packed for good matches, but had lousy food. I had the worst club sandwich in half a century there. No gym.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Helmut S
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Unfortunately I had a 4 day conference at this "hotel" in Sept. The food was poor greasy and uninspiring, their idea of deserts is various flavors and colors of Angel Delight. Food choices hardly changed each day. The rooms are sparsely furnished, have poor quality towels and are noisy if you are located anywhere near a lift. The conference room we were allocated had very bad air conditioning that they were unable to fix it despite many request this year and last year, so they bought in noisy and ineffective portable units. They charge heavily for wireless internet usage and give no significant discounts for multi-day usage. The staff at reception are kurt and generally unhelpful, the restaurant staff were a bit better. I would not wish to stay at this hotel in future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David H
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Mr. Howells,

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Did not expect to stay here as delayed in Frankfurt due to cancelled flight. Allocated this hotel by Lufthansa. Cannot complain. Hotel very clean, comfortable beds, and food options were great. Bad Soden seemed nice and hotel was centrally located. Only gripes are outside appearance was shabby and did not reflect inside condition, and lack of wifi in this day and age was disappointing. Overall though very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I did spend two days in hotel. It is located directly next to the Park. Ask for a room looking out at park.
Building looks rather sad from the outside (get the feeling this is normal for RAMADA hotels in Germany). However rooms are modern and nicely decorated.
Breakfast is plenty and good. Internet is fast. I do recommend booking breakfast and W-LAN inclusive. Difference of EUR 10 is it worth.
Very professional and friendly service (reception, restaurant and house keeping).

Great to start the day with a walk through the park.

Room Tip: Ask for room looking out at park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear 5Matters,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our tripdavisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

This hotel was recommended by a friend who lives in Bad Soden. We stayed at the Ramada for three nights, but not consecutive. The first two nights was a great experience. We had a fabulous room (524) that over looked the park. The room was clean and exactly what we needed after traveling from Budapest. The bathroom was great too with everything in working order (including the drain) The room was very quiet. The third night, which was a week later, we had room 514 which overlooked the parking lot. There was a lot more noise from traffic and the fountain. Luckily, the fountain is shut off at night. The room was much warmer because it also got afternoon sun. This room was not as nice and was very well used. There were a pair of dirty socks on the chair on the balcony, the red leather, high backed chair had pock marks all over it as if it was the only chair in the hotel and everyone had to use it. The back of the bathroom door was very scratched, but not at the bottom as if a dog did it, but by the door handle (maybe it was a dog -- a very big dog). The hem of the shower curtain had mold and mildew on it and the bathtub drain didn't work properly and I had to stand in water during my shower (something I really hate). Other than that, it was fine to stay for a night. Both times, we had a child with us and they made accommodations with a portable crib. The downside was that the side of the crib was open because the zipper that closed it was broken.
The location is great, as Bad Soden is a very nice town. The park is beautiful and the town is fabulous. We didn't eat at the hotel because it was too expensive. I like that they give away free vitamin C (it's an advertisement, but what isn't these days?). I would recommend this hotel, but try to get a room on the park side if you can. I agree with some other reviewers on the outside of the hotel -- it's ugly and doesn't fit into the charm of Bad Soden -- but the inside is nice and the rooms are comfortable.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the park -- much quieter. Rooms over looking the parking lot get full aft...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear PoodleHeadSally,

thank you for taking the time to complete the tripadvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Doesnt look especially nice from the pictures, but inside is a clean, adequate, efficient modern well-run hotel, overall much better than I expected. Excellent location 5 mins from S3 line into Frankfurt (train every 30mins), nice upmarket commuter town with plenty of very good bars, coffee shops and restaurants. Situated on edge of park with 5 min walk through park to the train. Very pleasant and convenient. Good breakfast and nice terrace bar overlooking park if the weather is nice. VERY comfortable beds and plenty of enormous pillows - just how I like it. I think they have recently rennovated all the bedrooms and bathrooms here.

First room I was given had no WiFi signal at all but once I moved to a better room the WiFi worked fine all week.

A solid 4 out of 5 all round for this hotel, especially its location in a beautiful town with convenient train.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with a good WIFI signal.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 July 2012

Dear Tripper21,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the tripadvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

RAMADA Hotel Bad Soden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bad Soden
Hotel-Restaurant Rheinischer Hof
Hotel Concorde
Hotel Concorde
#3 of 12 in Bad Soden
Dorint Main Taunus Zentrum
Dorint Main Taunus Zentrum
#1 of 1 in Sulzbach (Taunus)
Schlosshotel Kronberg
#2 of 12 in Bad Soden
Thermenhotel
Thermenhotel
#10 of 12 in Bad Soden

Been to H+ Hotel Bad Soden? Share your experiences!