“could do better”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bad Soden
london
“could do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Visited here on company business. The restaurant & bar are very expensive - €49 pp for a steak which wasn't served with the jacket potato & veg as 'sold' to us & almost €10.00 for 2 lagers. The hotel was full to capacity yet one of the only 2 lifts was working.The food served at the 'banquet' dinner was inedible - I had a bread stick. Got the impression that some of the 'staff' were local students who had no experience of the hospitality industry. Such a shame as the town is lovely & well worth the visit but not this hotel.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
1 Thank cd c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Newmarket, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here for a business conference over 3-4 days ,culminating in a big gala dinner night on the 23rd November, first of all, the room was really comfortable, really clean, no complaints there; hotel itself well situated and in a pleasant area and good communication to Frankfurt city.
But the service in the hotel from quite a number of the staff was second rate, really indifferent and at times rude !, On 2 occasions I had to ask for my change in the bar area because it was not forthcoming !!!The gala dinner was the WORST food I have ever experienced in my life , the food was stone cold and inedible starter, STUCK to the plate !!, all of it went back to the kitchen !!!!
Overall a poor experience of the Ramada company, I would not book with them ever again and would not recommend this hotel.

1 Thank dnover56

Travellers are raving about these Bad Soden hotels

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've been to Frankfurt a few times before and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed in there. For the price you get a basic, but comfortable room. The two most important things I look for first are a comfortable bed and a good shower - this has both. The room were spotlessly clean and had two comfortable chairs and a balcony. The staff I encountered all had fair to good English ( far better than my few words of German). All were very friendly and welcoming - there were also plenty on hand when you needed them.

There is a large bar and a restaurant in the lower floor. I only ate dinner there once, but the menu was extensive, with a good choice, albeit at hotel prices. Breakfast offered a huge choice of continental style offerings, but the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage were good enough to satisfy any Brits with less adventurous pallets. The foods was immaculately presented and looked fresh and appetising.

A huge plus for this hotel is location. Bad Soden is a residential area and the hotel is close to a network of roads crammed with excellent bars and restaurants. We ate out most evenings at a different place each time, and all the places were friendly with staff that had good enough English. A ten minute walk from the hotel gets you to the railway station which is at the end of the S3 line, so the the whole of Frankfurt is easily reachable - the centre is about 10 minutes away. The ticket machines have English so are easy to use.

There is free wifi but as often the case in hotels, there are dead zones. In my 6th floor room, I could get a good signal one side and nothing the other side.

1 Thank KevinLeah
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

the rooms are very nice and well designed for the minimalistic traveler. My room had a balcony overlooking the park behind, which is great for morning jogs. There is no gym, but the park was sufficient and they have a sauna that's open every afternoon into the evening. One additional detail: I had a queen-sized bed, but it was two separate mattresses, so when my friend stayed with me for a night, and one person moved, the other wasn't disturbed.
The only complaint is the poor WIFI signal. They use TMobile's hotspot, so when you check in, they give you a Tmobile scratch card, which is valid for 24 hours. That in itself is not an issue, but I was on the 5th floor and signal was horrendous. When I walked to the front door, I got 2-3 bars, when I moved to the desk, I got no bars at all. That would make working difficult, but I wasn't there for work luckily.

Room Tip: room facing the back will be quieter and have a nice view to the park
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank yinergy
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here for a night during the Frankfurt Book Fair. Very busy so no hotels closer in. However, there is a direct rail connection to the Messe, so makes the location ideal. But other than that - quite unremarkable. Room decor whilst very 'noisy' was of a reasonable standard. Liked the complementary bottle of water. No climate control other than the window. Breakfast was good with fish as well as meats and hot options.
But the hotel was a bit generic and lacked any real local character. Evening meal was also very average and pricey. Wish I'd seen the Thai restaurant on the other side of the road when I arrived.

Room Tip: Did have a very quiet room overlooking the garden/park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NSTP81
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear NSTP81,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I usually stay at another hotel when I visit Frankfurt (about 1x year) but there was no availability so we stayed here this time around. I won't be staying again.
It wasn't terrible - the room was clean, the bed was comfortable.
When we checked in the room we were given had 2 separate beds despite having booked a double bed. We were two couples traveling so I booked together to be close but because of the hotel's error we ended up being on 2 separate floors (not a huge deal but not what I wanted). The clerk first offered me another room but it was smoking. That was not acceptable so he ended up giving me a room on the first floor.
The first room we went to was stuffy, dark & musty smelling. The carpet was old and needs to be removed. This was the same for my sister's room.
When they moved us to the first floor, we got a quiet room in the corner. This room had wood floors so there was no musty smell, although it was stuffy. There is no A/C so it would be very uncomfortable if it were to be hot outside. We simply opened the window and it cooled the room off a bit.
The wifi in my room on the first floor was TERRIBLE - but on the third floor (where my old room was) it was a little better. Not sure if this is something the hotel can improve being as it is a TMobile hotspot connection, which is what I liked a lot b/c you can use it anywhere there is a hotspot (b/c they give you a code to use) like the airport, or the train station.
The train station is walking distance and there are two bakeries (for coffee & breakfast) walking distance as well.
Even though my stay was OK, I probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: No airconditioning
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MiNena77
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear MiNena 77,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Survey. I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologise for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

When I saw this property from the outside, i was dreading my stay there. We had a meeting with 60 associates in the convention center. I was pleasantly surprised by my guest room. Clean and comfortable. Hot water pot. Shower pressure & temperature was fine. The service was good. The buffets were good as well. nice area to walk to local shops or a short taxi to the mall. I would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EfficientTraveler
Oliver H, Manager at H+ Hotel Bad Soden, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Efficient Traveler,

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bad Soden
Thermenhotel
#9 of 12 in Bad Soden
Dorint Main Taunus Zentrum
Dorint Main Taunus Zentrum
#1 of 1 in Sulzbach (Taunus)

Been to H+ Hotel Bad Soden? Share your experiences!