norderney truly misses a big opportunity. nature has blessed it with beautiful beaches, with the new motorway from the rhine ruhr area you reach the ferry in just over 2.5 hours. then your vacation or weekend begins.
now... thats nature. first class hotels are rare on the island.by majority hotels are tragic, standard 80's and unchanged since then. now georgshoehe is probably top 3 on the island.
Phantastic wellness area ( 4000 qm or so), newest standards, like 6 saunas with different temperaturezones, most of them with seaview (but no worries - can#t look in from the outside). heated pools, very modern furniture.
rooms: we booked a modern premium room, and the room was great, modern bathroom, spacious, small balcony and stylish. (careful ! the old standard rooms look awful, 80's pastelcolors etc.)
where the hotel is not to its 4*Superior standard is
- booking : the owner reserves the right to reject bookings under 1 week
- towels : linited to 2 towels per person, not really comfy if u take a day of wellness
- restaurant: the obligatory halfboard is not too bad, but taking 3 € supplement for any change of sidedishes is just ridiculous (when considering we paid 200 € for room plus 25€ each for halfboard
- wellness opening times change daily, and on weekends close earlies than during the week. sorry, when i am vacation i do not care whether its weekend....
- an apple spritzer of 0.4 for 4.90€ in the wellness area is a bit heavy also...
- Also Known As:
- Strandhotel Georgshohe Norderney