“Friendly and Professional Owners”
Review of Hotel Loewengarten

Hotel Loewengarten
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Speyer
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Friendly and Professional Owners”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We were in a very clean and modern room (with one of those rain fall showers-pretty neat) on the third level and had a great view of the cathedral. I can't explain what 'floor' we were on since it seems as though two buildings may have been joined at a 90 degree angle to make this hotel happen. Since the levels don't line up, each gets it's own floor designation, making the elevator a strange ride with the fifth floor (I think) lower than the third even though there are really only three levels to the structure--but I digress.

A near-bad experience at breakfast was set straight by one of the owners without me even having to complain. A tour bus had stayed the same night as us & departed fairly early. By the time we made it for breakfast, the hired staff had figured it was time to start cleaning up but, when the owner saw us, she had them bring all the breakfast items back out (for two people) and personally took care of getting my cooked-to-order eggs.

Room Tip: There are rooms that have a view of the cathedral, so you might ask for that.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank the12vman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed on business trip in this hotel for 4 nights. Single room was big enough and had all important facilities except for water kettle I missed. Nice touch was selection of pillows. As I prefer small and flat pillow they had that too. Breakfast was good and hotel was well located in center of town within walking distance from everything. Basic hotel. Good service. Room service did have something I desired more. Glasses and complimentary water were not changed during the stay at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Broendby, Denmark
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We (2 adults and 3 children 1, 6, and 12 years old) stayed one night in the family room at Loewengarten.
It was nice and clean.
The breakfast is more than good.
We will recommend this hotel at any time.
We wouldn't mind to come back again another time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Seeing as my surname is Speyer I thought I would head to the town and collect some Ground Rent !
My two travel companions were my eldest son Tom and a fat Polish bloke called Mirek. The hotel was clean the welcome efficient and hassle free and our stay enjoyable. Breakfast offering was comprehensive and the only criticism would be the carpet in the Dining Room. Looked like Fritz was on LSD when he chose that pattern!
The town itself is quality and pretty much sums up why GB PLC is in the mire compared with the Fatherland.....the latter has kept its dignity manners and economic might whilst the former is decaying and basically falling apart!
Back to the hotel......damn fine sanitary ware ...it needed to be with Mirek pretending to be a Panzer tank each morning .....All in all a quality hotel and one to recommend
Would like to have packed the waitress at breakfast in my suitcase but I zink zat would have caused issues at checkout. " did you have anything from ze mini bar Mr Speyer "? no but I have taken two bread rolls and Helga from ze dining room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jonspeyer
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The name, the lion at the door and the front of the hotel might give a different impression, but this is a first class hotel!
The rooms are exceptionally spacious (especially taking their price into account), the airco is fast but silent and the beds are really comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fresh, nicely presented with a vast choice of ... well virtually everything that you can think of at that time of day.
I'm a fairly demanding traveller, but this was one of the very best business hotels I've ever stayed in!

Room Tip: Don't remember my room number, but even at the street side you'll have a good sleep as revol...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank H D
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Given my past experiences with German hotels I would say this is one of the better Hotels that I have stayed in. The rooms were well appointed, a good spacious bathroom with a good size and functioning shower. I cannot speak from a tourism perspective but for business it was perfect. There is a selection of pillows, which, in my past experiences is not often a choice in Germany.
Staff speak English and were more than willing to help when required. The breakfast was good too.
The only thing that I found a little strange when I finally returned to my room to sleep was that there were no curtains on the window, only net curtains. I slept well so cannot complain but I did have to have a quite laugh to myself before turning in for the night.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The hotel Lowengarten is located about 10 minutes by foot to the towncenter of Speyer.
It's a modern building, recently renovated.
Unfortunately it is right at a pretty busy street, so if you like to have your windows cracked for the night, you might as for a room to the backside, or to the side street.
The rooms are modern furnitured, nice washrooms. Spotless clean.
Breakfast buffet was ok, it feartured everything I needed for a good start.
The room rates are not cheap, so I guess we expected a bit more outstanding rooms.

The restaurant is a bit pricy, althoughthe offer good food.

We pretty much enjoyed our stay at Speyer, as it is a nice old town, huge cathedral, and alot shopping options and restaurants downtown.
We liked the food at as small restaurant called "schwarzamsel"...hard to find, but it was worth to search for. They had good German food & wine.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back or to the side road, as the main road upfront is pretty busy.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Speyer
Ibis Styles Speyer
#11 of 16 in Speyer
Hotel Goldenes Lamm
Hotel Goldenes Lamm
#1 of 1 in Dudenhofen

Been to Hotel Loewengarten? Share your experiences!