“Busy town, many highlights, rare parkingspace”
Review of Bad Kreuznach

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Antwerp, Belgium
875 helpful votes
“Busy town, many highlights, rare parkingspace”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

A city with a lot of highlights. If one wants to visit more than its city centre one needs more than one day (it already took us one day to visit its musea and parcs). It is a very busy city, minor is that there are barely parkinglots, and certainly none without a fee. It is known as a spa and wine town, for its Riesling, Silvaner and Müller-Thurgau grape varieties. It consists of two parts: the altstadt and the Neustadt. Proof of a Celtic settlement early 5th century BC wa found. Around 58 BC the region was part of the Roman Empire, with a Roman vicus "Cruciniacum". Anno Domini 250 was there a huge Palace built. There are many hiking trails.

Frankfurt, Germany
50 helpful votes
“Water, Wellness, History”
Reviewed 25 June 2010

Like many cities of this size BK (aka Bad Kreuznach) doesn't seem to be special. Lokated between two bigger cities (Mainz and Kaiserslautern) it fills an economical gap and forms a medium centre for business and living.

However, when you do not take the express roads on the left and right, but straight into the centre you'll find a town with a lively shoppping street (Fußgängerzone), a historic centre with nicely renovated houses and a spa/wellness/cureing szene, well known and recognized.

BK offers nice parks, inting to take ling walks, especially along the river "Nahe". Cultural events and a growing gastronomy help you ease your time and if you like travelling back in time and take a historic tour around town. You'll learn about kniths and bishops, Faust, Karl Marx, French-German friendship and the Romans.

If you like to relax visit the "Bäderhaus" or the swimming pool next to it featuring natural thermal water.

BK is an ideal starting point for hikes and bike tours along the "Nahe" and into the valley of the "Alsenz". Or walk up on top of the highst rock formation (like a cliff, just with out sea) north of the Alps.

Go and pay Bad Kreuznach a visit.

See you around and take care

Cincinnati
“Bad Kreuznach”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I basically have a question. I was in what I believe was Bad Kreuznach in 1970 with my ex-husband who was in the Army. I am not sure of the spelling is my problem! However, we were to be there for two years and after five months he got orders for Viet Nam so needless to say, out stay was cut short. I personally wanted to stay there while he went to Nam but he told me I couldn't! I was only 16 years old at the time but fell absolutely in love with the town and the country! There was a couple who owned a Guest House (not spelled right, I know) a bar and restaurant, they became like second parents to us and made sure that we always had food!! I want to go back there so badly, I just have to make sure of the correct spelling!

At the time, there was a military hospital there which is where my ex worked. I have no idea if it is still there or not. Can someone please tell me if I have the correct place, please? My email is cburns5@cinci.rr.com or I'm on Facebook as well! Thank you for reading my message, I really appreciate it.

New York City, New York
21 helpful votes
“Home town”
Reviewed 11 November 2007

For years, I hated this small city in the Pfaltz; frinds and I still mock the city; but now having grown up, and on, I miss it. It is a small little city with a kurhaus, parks, and vineyards. This is a very German place, ethnically mixed it has all the demographic of an larger city, but it is still very much German. I now go back to reground myself, and it always is welcome. Things have changed over the years, but it still has a lovely old town, and the people are friendly. FRA and the city are an hour commute. Nestled in a valley along the Nahe, surrounded by vinyards and woods, Bad Kreuznach is a charming place to unwind, relax and grab a beer and wurst.

1 Thank RNBNY
Ardmore, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
3 helpful votes
“We Love Bad Kreuznach”
Reviewed 3 July 2007

We lived here in Bad Kreuznach 1964 & 1965, and have since returned 3 times. The lastest visit was 3 days in Jun 2007. We stayed at the Wirtshaus Wolpertinger - Hotel am Kornmarkt, which was an excellent value & spotless. It was quite humid & our only wish was a fan for the room.The hotel breakfast & dinner were excellent.
Bad Kreuznach has made positive changes in the past 10 years - restoration of the "Bridge Houses", Kurhaus, the rebuilding after the U.S. Army departed in 2002. But it was sad to visit the Cafe Kiefer that is still on the Kornmarkt but downsized and located on the second floor. This was our favorite place to end our day over coffee and dessert.
From B. K. we could also visit our favorite Rhine River towns - Bacharach & Rudesheim.
W e love Bad Kreuznach & will return again in the next 6 years.

3 Thank MajorThor

Been to Bad Kreuznach? Share your experiences!