“Great Mustard” 5 of 5 bubbles

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great Mustard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was on a tour of Cochem. It is just across the river from the town square. An easy walk across the river and down some stairs. I didn't have time for tour. They give free samples. I bought some for myself and gifts. We love the different flavors. I would have liked to take the tour. This is a true mustard of the region.
Not a tourist place just good mustard. Take the time you will be glad you did.
I heard about it from the Rick Steves's books.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank justtravelng

• Arabic first
Utrecht
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Good tour, additional information in Dutch was helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

This 'tour' is in one room, in which the (working) mill is shown, and it is explained how the mustard is made. Relaxed tour, takes about only 20 min, but that's enough.
The presentation is in German, but we were given additional information in Dutch, which was helpful. And because I can also speak quite some German, I could tell that the Dutch translation was a pretty good copy of what the guide was telling (unlike what a recent reviewer from Canada concluded, although she admitted not speaking German).
The mustards sold in the shop are very nice! You can also do a tasting.
Note: This mill is from the same owners as the one in Cologne, and they sell the same mustards. So if you've taken the tour in Cologne, don't do this one :).

Visited August 2013
2 Thank JessicaUtrecht
Langley City, Canada
294 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“Good Mustard, presentation only in German”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Because we're staying so close we visited the historic mill. My husband, the foodie, loved sampling th different mustards. However, you do not need the "tour" for this. The tour was being taken into 1 room and shown the process. Being that we didn't speak German, we had to read a paper copy, but it didn't match the presenter. I was interesting to see, but cold have been done over 3 min, instead of 30.

Go for the mustard, but skip the tour.

1 Thank lysmekah
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Lovely old building with very helpful assisistant , who allowed us to taste the mustards no time for tour but shop was great.

Denver, Colorado
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Tasty Mustard!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We didn't do the tour but came in and tasted the different mustards and jams. We bought a few for ourselves and some for friends back home. Definitely worth checking out!

1 Thank TylerAnne78