“Very good mustard”

Historische Senfmuehle
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Cochem
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I have been to Cochem four times and love the Mosel Valley.
Every time I go to the shop at Historische Senfmuehle to buy mustard for myself and for presents. The mustard is very good but also expensive. The quality and the story makes it all worth to buy.

1  Thank Volle1953

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I was on a tour of Cochem. It is just across the river from the town square. An easy walk across the river and down some stairs. I didn't have time for tour. They give free samples. I bought some for myself and gifts. We love the different flavors. I would have liked to take the tour. This is a true mustard of the region.
Not a tourist place just good mustard. Take the time you will be glad you did.
I heard about it from the Rick Steves's books.

1  Thank justtravelng
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This 'tour' is in one room, in which the (working) mill is shown, and it is explained how the mustard is made. Relaxed tour, takes about only 20 min, but that's enough.
The presentation is in German, but we were given additional information in Dutch, which was helpful. And because I can also speak quite some German, I could tell that the Dutch translation was a pretty good copy of what the guide was telling (unlike what a recent reviewer from Canada concluded, although she admitted not speaking German).
The mustards sold in the shop are very nice! You can also do a tasting.
Note: This mill is from the same owners as the one in Cologne, and they sell the same mustards. So if you've taken the tour in Cologne, don't do this one :).

2  Thank JessicaUtrecht
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Because we're staying so close we visited the historic mill. My husband, the foodie, loved sampling th different mustards. However, you do not need the "tour" for this. The tour was being taken into 1 room and shown the process. Being that we didn't speak German, we had to read a paper copy, but it didn't match the presenter. I was interesting to see, but cold have been done over 3 min, instead of 30.

Go for the mustard, but skip the tour.

1  Thank lysmekah
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Lovely old building with very helpful assisistant , who allowed us to taste the mustards no time for tour but shop was great.