“Quaint and charming!”

Hotel Villa Vinum Cochem
Ranked #1 of 61 Cochem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay. The whole town is quite charming. Villa Vinum is historically charming from the outside and still maintains historic charm on the interior, all while being updated, modern, and comfortable! Rooms/bathrooms are very clean.

I often have difficulty sleeping soundly in hotel beds and was worried I would not sleep well, but I slept like a baby! We stayed on the top floor, but from what I could tell, sound did not carry through the hotel, so I think I would try a room on the European first floor, American second floor next time because the wifi did not work very well on the top floor, but I noticed it worked quite well on the other floors.

Breakfast was nice and I love that there is free parking right behind the hotel. I just wish that directions to the lot behind the hotel were more clear on the website, or sent in the reservation confirmation e-mail because we ended up arriving in town at a busy time of day and spent 30-40 minutes circling the streets, trying to find parking close by. We did not even realize parking was available at the rear of the hotel until we checked in and asked, since we had parked in a metered spot.

All in all, it was very nice, the staff is very friendly, they made an excellent dinner recommendation and I would absolutely stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsTravlAlot

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Centrally placed and newly renovated hotel with historic character. Friendly owners and staff with perfect English. We had a large room with balcony with view to the Mosel river. Quit and well isolated room. The breakfast was plenty and delicious with good variety. But the hotel is placed closed to the noisy road hence we could not open the balcony door during the night and there was no air condition in the room. Poor lightning in the bath room (bad for make up) and no make up mirror. We stayed for 6 nights and there was no refill for the shampoo. The WiFi did not work in the room, only on the first floor. There was no safe in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Conveniently located. A few minutes walk from the train station. About 5 minutes walk to center of Cochem and to day cruise docks. I was concerned that the hotel was right next to a major road along the Mosel, but we never heard the road or the train with windows shut. Clean spacious room. Very nice breakfast - I especially appreciated the quark!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

renovated by our host Theo and decorated by hostess, Monika, this is a delightful find in a small town right on the Moselle River. Very clean, lovely deck on the back for lounging, eating. Free and easy parking out back. Secure doors. Good breakfast and comfortable, friendly service. WiFi in lounge areas.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I've never been one for posting reviews but Villa Vinum is an exception worthy of mention. I and two mates stayed at Villa Vinum for a few nights last year and again this year whilst on motorbike tours. The rooms are clean, spacious and furnished to very high standard. Theodor and Monika are very friendly, speak good English and were very helpful without being imposing. The presentation and content of the breakfasts is by far the best we encountered anywhere. The hotel is is well located, with views over the river, the local vineyards and the Reichsburg castle and just a short walk from the town centre. It gets a big thumbs up from me.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NRS20132013
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed for one night on a tour of the region, Monica was a great host, nice rooms with a lot of effort evident in the design features in this historic building.
Breakfast was great also which was included in room rate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We where very pleased with our stay in Villa Vinum. The owners where hands on and very helpful and really friendly. The room was very large and stylish and the lobby had a nice lounge room with quality music where you could read a book or have a free wi-fi connection. I highly recommend to take this hotel if you plan to stay in Cochem (which is a lovely small town!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple