Hotel Germania
  • Room Service
Hotel Noss(Cochem)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbakery cafeincluding eggsbalcony viewmosel riversparkling winewithin walking distancebreadthe location is perfectother hotelsgreat viewbreakfast was deliciouswonderful stayper nightreichsburg castleyogurtparkinggermany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Location is good overlooking the Moselle river. The front desk was in the cafe. The cakes looked delicious but by the time you come back after sightseeing, it is closed. The owner was friendly. The only downside is that there is a flight of stairs to take the lift. The room was spacious but bathroom a bit tiny. Breakfast was not upto the standards. Parking was 3 blocks away. The hotel seemed a little pricey. I doubt if I would go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank venntul
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Even before I was seated the waiter stood next to me. Because my parents were putting away their bicycles, I asked for the menu and said that would like to order together. As soon as they sat down, the waiter came back already and asked again what we would like to order.
All three of us wanted coffee and we also asked for two pieces of pie, which we could choose at the desk and looked delicious. The waiter appeared with three pots of coffee while we all three had enough of a cup. I tried to say to him that this was too much, but he snapped at us that we could have known that they served only coffee pots and no cups because we had seen the map. I replied that he hardly had given us time to check the menu and that he could take back my pot. He would not let me finish and he reported that his boss at no extra cup pot of coffee could provide and because I had ordered, so I should not complain. We stood up and walked to another terrace where it was possible to order a cup of coffee. A shame because the pie at Café Germania looked very good.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed on Friday night at this hotel, enabling us to enjoy the excellent Saturday sparkling local wine brunch - make sure you have the time to relax and enjoy this! We also had a beautiful room overlooking the river. We arrived shortly after 6 in the evening, and whilst a note had been left for us to get to our room, and we had no problems, the restaurant and front desk had closed. If you arrive by train, be aware that the hotel is a little distance from the railway station, although convenient for the boats. There is obviously current building work going on at the hotel next door, so I am not sure if this would interfere with a week-day stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FourteenBerkshire
Reviewed 14 February 2010

Hotel Germania is in an excellent location and has its own cafe selling delicious German cakes and coffee. The only downside was that the front desk was in the cafe and the cafe closed at 6pm. The hotel has a lift but to access this lift there is a flight of stairs and would therefore not be suitable for disabled travellers. The room was spacious and clean and overlooked the river. The breakfast was delicious with various hot and cold food.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GlendieM
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I just wanted to comment on the restaurant and not the hotel as I did not stay there, just had lunch on 20/01/10...

We ordered 2 cokes, we received 2 coke lights which are 20 cents more expentise, then we ordered bockwurst mit brod ( sausage with bread ), we received wiener wursts with potato salad which was €2.20 more expensive per person, what a rip off and they didnt speak English so we didnt want to start arguying to receive what we had actually ordered because our German is basic so what should have cost us a tenner, cost us 15. not that its a big difference but its not what we had ordered and this, with drinks and food....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple