We enjoyed staying here, it's a beautiful location and a well-run hotel, but I didn't get the best sleep due to noise from restaurants, bars and traffic.
- Location on Mosel promenade at Cochem, which is the most scenic and popular riverside location. Beautiful river view from the restaurant and (more expensive) rooms at front.
- Historical old building, full of character.
- Central location - next to the landing stages for river cruises.
- Central location - next to all the bars ,restaurants and shops.
- Friendly, helpful multi-lingual staff.
- Excellent breakfast.
- Clean rooms and public areas.
- 15 to 20 minutes walk from the railway station, or a 2 minute taxi ride if you prefer.
- Small rooms.
- Rooms are in need of some updating - no safe, no air conditioning, decoration is a bit tired.
- Central location means you hear the noise of bars and restaurants at night, plus cars and riverside visitors in the day. No air conditioning, so you may have to choose between being too hot or hearing noise in the summer months.
- As with all the riverfront properties, the hotel begins on the first floor for flood-protection reasons. This means there are a lot of stairs to be negotiated. However, if you look at the high-water marks recorded on several Cochem buildings, you will see why this is necessary!
If you want an authentic historic property, with great food and wonderful views, adjacent to the boat jetties and restaurants in the middle of the Mosel promenade, this is a good hotel for you. However, if you'd prefer somewhere quieter away from the crowds, with larger rooms and more equipment, I recommend Pension Lange instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 3-star hotel in Cochem offers a scenic location next to the River Moselle, fine wines, and free storage facilities for bicycles and motorbikes. The Moselle Cycle Route is nearby.The non-smoking rooms of the Hotel Noss include cable TV, minibars, and modern bathrooms. Some provide views of the Moselle.A big breakfast buffet is available at the Hotel Noss. Regional and seasonal food is served in the Noss's Wintergarten restaurant. The Bistro Royal serves light meals and a wide range of drinks.Free Wi-Fi is available in all of the Noss's public areas, and guests also receive 15 minutes of free Wi-Fi. Other facilities at the Noss include a bike rental service.Guests are welcome to buy tickets for Cochem's public parking lot at the Hotel Noss's front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Hotel Noss reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.