“Great coaching”

Surf School Lanzarote
More attraction details
Owner description: Do use our website please to find out more about the school and contact details. There you will find out about the course that suits you and all our price structure.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great coaching”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

A kind of coaching I haven't encountered before. Even though we were in a group out there, Tim managed to keep an eye on everybody, paddling over and giving feedback and detailed advises after nearly every wave I rode. I got very useful technical help to overcome certain difficulties I've had for a long time. Many surf school out there focus on beginners only plus as an alternative, offer surfaries.Tim's school is great because they provide proper coaching for every levels.

Visited July 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thanks for that review , that's really great for us to get and I really hope we get the chance to coach you for longer one day. Fire off questions about anything especially the boards and training stuff . Thanks again.

• Polish first
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
“First Time Surfing”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had 3 days out there with this school and they got me standing up on my very first lesson. The first lesson is pretty much one on one so you get plenty on advice where you can improve and what you might be doing wrong. I had a 3 day course and had to book an extra day as they teach you so much. Will defo go again ASAP

Visited July 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thanks for that review and we hope you are able to come back to us one day. But do try to surf somewhere else in the meantime. Not all our beginner lessons are one on one but we do operate in small groups.
Sandnes, Norway
“They got my wife standing up!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Originally signed up for 3 days but added an extra day as we found it was the best fun ever for the entire family! Relaxed but thorough theory/practical on the beach is mixed with jaunts out into the surf to learn the fundamentals of surfing step by step.As we advanced the ocean time increased and so did our stand up time! The instructors Dan,Ollie and Jamie did a fantastic job! Thanks guys! The only recommendation I would make is to if possible have rest days as we were very tired after a day in the surf!

Visited June 2014
Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thanks for that guys and we do hope to see you all again one day.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Learn to surf the right way”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We have visited Surf School Lanzarote 3 days over the last 3 years due to the high quality of the surf teaching. Tim is an expert in his field and always has time for a fellow surfer. The instructors, Dan and Oli were brilliant - as a learner I needed to build confidence and helped me do just that. They are happy to chat about all their experience and push you to try harder (within your comfort zone!!).

We've tried other surf schools but still go back to Surf School Lanzarote. We will be booking our 4th trip very shortly!!

Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thanks so much for that review , that really means a lot to us. Say hi to Porthcawl for me and hope its not too long before we see you both again.
3 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Went here on a 5 day course with 3 other girls. We stayed in an apartment supplied to us by Tim, the owner of the surf school. The villa was great. Everything we needed. The surf school was pretty full on. Surfing from 10am till 430pm with an hours lunch break with a supplied baguette, fruit, cake n drink. As a non surfer in the group I thought it was a fantastic course, very informative. My only suggestion is to bring booties and gloves with you....as everyone in my group had board graze after the first day...not provided by the school and very expensive to buy whilst there and get fit before you come...at least do some pushups as you'll be doing them all day whilst surfing. If your arms are already used to pushing up your body weight..this would be a definite advantage. This course left me feeling I could definitely go into my local waters knowing what I was doing...even though I hadn't quite reached the staying up confidently on the board stage yet. What made this course so great...above the other schools was most definitely the guys who trained us. Ollie, Dan and Jamie. Ollie was just awsome. I new when we were on his team, our safty was paramount. He could always be seen counting heads. Great guy! Dan...well he was "The man"...his passion for surfing was so infectious I couldn't help but love it too! Such a great couple of guys with lots of their own wonderful stories of life so far! We were lucky enough to spend a couple of evenings with these guys too as the town, Famara is very quiet indeed. All you will find in this town is several restaurants that some double up as bars, a handful of mini markets and surf shops. Its dusty and windy with very little clear sunshine (on our week anyway)as Famara is nestled right next to some very steep and high cliffs which makes it great for surfing but that's it. Wanna see Lanzarote? Hire a car...preferably while in the UK as doing it there will be twice as much.
To recap....Fantastic surfing holiday. Highly recommended for everyone, all ages.

Surfschoollanzarote, Owner at Surf School Lanzarote, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thanks so much for that and really glad you enjoyed yourselves so much. Do keep in touch with any surf related stuff please and Hi ! to all.