“Abendessen”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
SaarLouis, Germany
“Abendessen”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Nice Location, in the middle of the old City of Saarlouis, little nice Town in Germany, Saarland, near the border to france...

• Visited January 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“The best Schnitzels and pizza!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I found this restaurant listed on another search engine, and thought we should try it while staying for one night in Saarlouis. We had to wait in line to get in which we took as confirmation this was a good choice! We were seated within 15 minutes at a table that could seat four people, so we invited a German couple (who were also waiting behind us in line) to join us. We had a great time chatting with them and enjoyed a delicious meal. This couple told us that this restaurant is known by the locals as one of the best places around. They ordered pizzas this time, as did my husband. I ordered the Schnitzel Istanbul - I would highly recommend it - so flavorful and nicely seasoned. The frische kase and slad that came with it were also very tasty. My husbands's pizza was outstanding as well. The prices were very reasonable, with friendly service despite how busy they were, and everyone there seemed to be in a good mood. Sehr Gemuetlich!

• Visited April 2014
SaarLouis, Germany
“Wish they had one of these in the Uk”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The Kartoffelhaus (Potato house), is one of those places where you can try traditional German (Saarlandish) food and other options at a very reasonable price. The rump steaks are better than anything you'll find in the Uk, incredibly reasonable prices and like most portions in Germany , very satisfying. Certainly one of the better eateries in Saarlouis town centre and delightful in the summer when you can sit out side and enjoy the old town. One place I never get tired of visiting. Sehr gut!

• Visited February 2013
Luxembourg
“Good and cheap food but nothing special”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We had lunch in this restaurant on our weekend visit to Saarlouis and had chose it because of the rating on Tripadvisor. The interior is ok, the food nice, the service fast and friendly and it is quite cheap especially considering the portions you get. There is nothing negative to be said about it, however I will not give it 5 out of 5 because it is not refined in any way...nice food but nothing special at all...if you just fancy lunch, go for it, but don't go there if you fancy a lovely dinner on a special occasion.

• Visited February 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Extensive Menu with delicious food”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband, 1 y/o daughter, and myself went to dinner at the Kartoffelhaus with my husbands co-workers. We had a large group (10 people) and the staff sat us all at a large table in the back (with a highchair for my daughter). The menu was a bit overwhelming! Prices are average for the area (8-15 euro/person) So many delicious things to choose from including: schnitzel, pasta, and pizza. I enjoyed the turkey schnitzel which was a large portion served with fries and a yummy salad. My husband had the pork schnitzel and equally enjoyed his. Our friends selected a variety of pizzas, steaks, and schnitzels. Everyone was pleased. The brick oven pizza, along with the open fire stove in the back of the restaurant served as entertainment while we waited for dinner. A very comfortable place during the rainy weather. A glass of red wine complimented our meal nicely. Loved it!

• Visited August 2011