“Great place”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Lindau
Doncaster
“Great place”
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I stayed one night at the hotel as part of the 2010 Euroclassic run, we had the dinner there to end the run. I'd say it's one of the nicest places I have stayed at, great rooms, very professional staff, nice public rooms. It over looks the harbour and the lake and my room had a balcony overlooking the square next door. I'd like to stay there longer at some point.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
Reviewed 2 September 2010

This must be one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in - a great experience from the start, with well-trained, friendly and very professional hotel staff, a very inviting hotel reception/lounge area and the hallways have nice touches such as fresh flowers (meadow flowers, not bog-standard flowers). The staff greeted me by name throughout my stay, which is something you do not find very often.

The room was large and very clean, and although the furniture was not brand new it was very well kept and inviting. The bathroom was not very large but spotless and the toiletries were high-quality. I stayed in a room with a lakeside view and it was very lovely and quiet - and I got to watch the sun rise over the mountains.
The bed was comfortable, the linen very clean and crisp. The room was a nice place for some mid-day relaxation with a coffee and a book.

I had dinner in my room and the food was quite good (although not fantastic but the standard of the food in Lindau was not that great; if you want some good food you are better off travelling to the nearby city of Bregenz). The food was served with a single rose in a vase, a lovely touch.

The breakfast room and the breakfast buffet was top notch and again the well-trained staff did a great job of keeping everyone happy.

And when a friend visited we sat in the hotel lounge with a glass of wine and had a lovely time with attentive service, comfortable sofas and classical music playing in the background.

The only advice I can give is to ask for a room with a lake view – part of the hotel overlooks the train station (which is ten steps away, a great plus if you arrive by train as I did) so there is a fair amount of traffic, which may disturb those who like very quiet surroundings.

I hope to come back here one day.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank KimchiLondon
Kent England
Reviewed 23 August 2010

We stayed here to go to the famous Opera on the lake and the hotel couldn't have been better. A true old fashioned experience - this is what all hotels should be like. Service from everyone was ubeatable with all the staff polite, helpful and charming.

I couldn't rate this hotel and the surrounding little town highly enough. A gem

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Toledo Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I write this with the knowledge that I might be encouraging others to go and find it sold out when I want to return. I first stayed here in 1991 and have stayed there for the past nine years. The service is outstanding - each staff person recognizes you as an individual. The hotel's owner maintains an office in the next door Reutemann Hotel (part of the three hotels under the same owner. Note that he is the sixth generation owner and he truly cares for his properties. They continue to put money into renovation and upgrades. The breakfast is one of the best in Europe; the views of the lake outstanding, and the rooms are spacious, well-lit, and clean. It is interesting to note after so many years of coming here that they do retain their staff. Obviously I am a fan.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I cannot say enough good things about the Hotel Bayerischer Hof and it's attached Seegarten and Reutemann Hotels. The staff helped me successfully plan and execute an amazing wedding experience from over 5000 miles away (Texas). Our room had a gorgeous balcony overlooking the beautiful lake Constance. The food was incredible, the service top notch and everything went flawlessly. My limited German speaking skills and the complete lack of German language skills of my 30+ guests was never a problem. Everyone was treated like royalty. The hotel even gave us flowers in our room and champagne on our wedding day, not to mention a lovely rose petal heart was waiting on the bed to greet us at the end of the evening. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. They gave me a stress-free wedding planning experience, a perfect wedding day and an unforgettable week's stay. What an amazing place!

Auf Deutsch:

Alle war Super!! Sie müssen Hotel Bayerischer Hof Lindau besuchen! Meine Hochzeitsfeier mit diese Hotel war Perfekt. Alle Angestellten war sehr nett und hatten mir mit alle Hochzeitplanen geholfen. Schön Platz für Urlaub oder Hochzeit!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My wife & I led a party out to Oberammergau to see the Passion Play. Afterwards we came to Lindau with our tour company & stayed at this beautiful hotel on the sea front of Lindau island. This Hotel would have got 5 stars across the board as it was clean, peaceful, the food was great, the service impeccable, the rooms great, the staff EXCELLENT - nothing was too much trouble, the were friendly & professional to the core. The ONLY problem was that all the information in the hotel rooms & lounge were in German. I know the English are very lazy at not learning other countries languages but if there had been a dual translation it would have made the time perfect & saved us having to check or ask with reception as much as we did. That said, the Hotel always ran the extra mile when asked & all the positives in this review should be remembered. I would reccommend it without hesitation. A real gem.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Bayrischer Hof Lindau is located by the waterfront on the beautiful island of Lindau which is a great base for exploring the area around Lake Constance (Bodensee).

We stayed there for 3 nights in a room with view over the garden (pool area) and the promenade. You could see Lake Constance from the balcony.

Room was very clean and spacious. Interior was a little bit dated but elegant. The room had a separate hall with three closets. The room had a minibar, internet connection and a flat screen tv. The bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nice.

The breakfast at the hotel was excellent, had a large variety and a very courteous staff.
Breakfast room was very elegant and with views facing the lake.

The hotel had a outside pool (not heated) which is great in summer.
Adjacent to the hotel lies the Hotel Seegarten and the Hotel Reutemann. They are located in the buildings just next door from the Hotel Bayrischer Hof Lindau and shares the garden/pool area.

Not every room in the hotel has air-conditioning so be sure to ask for a room with air-conditioning in the summer.

The lobby and other public areas was elegant. Reception staff was courteous.

The hotel had it´s own parking just behind the hotel. You could choose either to park in the garage or outdoor. Very convenient.

The hotel has one or more restaurants but we never tried them out.

The location of the hotel is great with shopping and restaruants just around the corner.
Just in front of the hotel you could find ferry connections to all the popular towns/places around Lake Constance.

I think island of Lindau is one of the best places to stay when exploring the area aorund Lake Constance. If I ever go back I would definitley stay there again at the Bayrischer Hof Lindau or at the adjacent Hotel Seegarten or Hotel Reutemann.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple