“Best meal on our Europe Trip”
Review of Gasthof Alte Post

Gasthof Alte Post
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Lindau
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bavarian cuisine
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Everything on the menu is to like! Can't possibly go wrong here, food, atmosphere, presentation, dessert, variety of items on the menu, value. A delightful place

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Someone who worked at the boat tour office recommended this for the best fish dinner. I never eat fish but told my husband if we could find a place with fresh fish out of the lake, I would try it. It was so good that we extended our stay another night so we could go back and have the same thing again. Our waiter, Michael, was so pleasant, he added to the enjoyment of the evening.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We found this restaurant to be very pleasant and friendly, with very good and tasty food. Our waiter was exceptional. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had just arrived in Lindau in the dark, rainy winter evening and drove around the old town until we found a parking space. It happened to be next to this charming restaurant. We walked in and asked for a table, and were told we could have one if we only could eat within an hour, as others had reserved it. We agreed, sat down, and received the promptest service I have ever had in Germany. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. We were in an out in 50 minutes, and were only sad that we did not have more time to relax and enjoy the atmosphere and delicious food and wine. Make sure to make a reservation!!!

1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Went with my parents when they came to visit and the food was really good. A little pricey but well worth it. First time therw , I had the fish and then the grill plate. Both were excellent. The jefe weizen is from a town about 40km away, and it is also very good. Again, a little pricey for five people, but then we were on vacation.