“Exceptionally good hotel, amazing location & view”

Hotel Reutemann und Seegarten
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Lindau
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel well exceeded my expectations with very high standards, polite, helpful and friendly, English speaking staff. It is perfectly located on the seafront with a lovely view of the alps in Austria n Switzerland across the lake. It is also in the middle of Old Town and is spotless clean with an impressive reception area. The room was very spacious and well done. The hotel is only 100mtrs from the train station.
Breakfast was very good, with a choice to sit in the open terrace outside with an amazing view of the Lion harbour and Lighthouse. The service was good & elegant. The tea at the breakfast (choice of several both loose and bags) was one of the finest.
Loved this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank golujain

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. It is located by the lake, very central location. The room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. We had the best breakfast in our entire one week holiday. It was served very elegantly. Compared to similiar star hotels nearby, this is the best value for money. It is also in the old town center close to shops and restaurants.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a great four nights here, eating outside at all meals. There is only a pedestrianised street between the hotel(and its sister hotels) and the Lake. The tea at breakfast (choice of several both loose and bags) was the best I have ever had on Continental Europe. (The water was boiling when tea was made.) Excellent choice of food from the buffet at breakfast and there was a good choice of both local and international dishes for the evening meal.
Room were very clean and both the Railway station and steamer terminal were a very short walking distance from the hotel. Outdoor swimming pool was very relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank phoenix021
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Had a large room overlooking the boat dock and promenade. No complaints there. Breakfast was the typical hot and cold selections we've come to expect in Germany.
What was not positive, for this 4 star hotel, was the front desk service. It was indifferent, at best. The street outside the entrance, between the hotel and garage, was closed due to construction. A heads up e mail would have been nice.
When inquiring about Lake Constance boat schedules it would have been nice to actually look at us while answering our questions, instead of continuing to stare at her computer screen. It'd would have been helpful to have umbrellas handy for guests to borrow, but not even helping with a suggestion as to where we might purchase one was just poor service. Period.
The only time we got a smile was when we paid our bill and checked out!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwdwWausau_Wi
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here for two nights 6 and 7 September 2013. The hotel is situated on the seafront and is spotless with a very impressive reception area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nicely furnished and very clean. Dinner was taken on the large terrace at the front of the hotel and to be sure of a table reserve one at reception in the morning as the terrace is open to non-residents and can get very full. Dinner was very good but with a limited choice and the menu remained unchanged for the two nights. However the meal was standard for the area with the many hotels and restaurants along the seafront offering the same in quality and price, so you could eat out on the second night to get a change of menu. Breakfast was very good but a word of warning if you ate on the terrace and left your table unattended about a dozen sparrows would descend and make off with your bread.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffb7
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We used this charming hotel as a base for our visit to this stunning area. We thought that we'd booked the Baterisherhof but when we arrived were placed here. It's a sister hotel less than 100m away which is actually also connected by a series of stairs and corridors.

The hotel is clean, charming and well looked after. The staff, almost without exception, talk good English and strive to be helpful in every way. Our room (215) was on the small side but had a quite stunning view of the harbour and of Lake Constance beyond. The beds were comfortable with lovely duvets and pillows.

Our room only had a shower but we were warned about this when we booked so it was no surprise. It was all spotlessly clean and there was a flat screen TV and a large safe.

Breakfast was very good and could be had outside on the terrace that leads down to the harbour or in the hotel itself.

Frau Reimmer (I think that's how one spells it) manned the reception desk late afternoon and evenings and was an incredible source of friendly local information, including where to go and what to eat. Literally nothing was too much bother for her. She was always a delight.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Unfortunately our visit was very marred by a visit to the coffee shop beneath the Bayerisherhoff Hotel. I am told that it is nothing to do with the Hotel and not owned by it (thankfully) but I have never experienced rudeness like that I encountered when we arrived one evening for a late night cocoa and Strudel.

The waiter was dismissive and abrupt and told us that there were no English menus. He was pretty rude really and so we decided that we would go elsewhere. As we left I asked for his name because I was considering complaining about his attitude. He refused point blank to give it to me and so I said that I would definitely report him and that as he was the only male waiter it wouldn't be hard to identify him. This is where the fun really started... he turned away and muttered, quite loudly enough for us to hear an incredibly rude few words, including the "F" word. I am not going to repeat them exactly here but I can say that I have never been spoken to like that before. I guess that perhaps he had had an awful day but we were his guests and there was no way that we should have been spoken to like that. The hotel manger, who I complained to, explained that the restaurant was not a part of the hotel and I know that she then had words with the waiter.
So... in conclusion, stay here but be careful of the corner coffee shop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JeffersLondon
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our rooms were spacious and modern. The bath rooms were large and we were supplied with a bathrobe and slippers. It was a little tricky to take a shower without flooding the bathroom floor because the tub was only partially enclosed. The staff was friendly, very helpful and professional. Our breakfast in the breakfast room overlooking the lake was luxurious. In our two weeks of traveling in Germany and trying Apfelstrudel wherever we went, none were as good as the Apfelstrudel from the hotel Reutemann! Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends