Hotel Lindauer Hof
Hotel Anker(Lindau)
  • Room Service
Medusa Hotel(Lindau)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice hotelthird personlounging furnitureinternal stairsenviable positionbuffet breakfastlake viewlake constanceincluded in the room pricecentral locationwonderful roomspoke englishrailway stationold townbalconyharbourloft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Lake Constance is one of my favorite places to visit, especially Meersburg and Lindau. On my last trip, the hotel where I usually stay was booked out for one of the nights of our stay, and I selected a junior suite at the Lindauer Hof. It was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is not small, but of modest size, quite attractive, and one of the few hotels situated on the lake promenade. The new renovations, treatments, and colors were impressive and turn this classic old lady into a modern German inn. Our room overlooked the lake, and our old-fashioned balcony was small and intimate. The restaurant, including complimentary breakfasts, was outstanding, featuring at least three fresh fish dishes from the nearby lake. I'll be returning here; it's a jewel on Lake Constance.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank southernsaga
Reviewed 9 November 2008

Having stayed in the surrounding area of Lindau in the past we booked 2 suites for ourselves and my parents in law. From the word "go", the staff were extremely friendly. The location can't be beaten, with the hotel facing directly onto the lake, however, we were quite disappointed with the hotel, feeling that it was more a 3* hotel than a 4*. It was more like a well decorated formule 1. Everything was OK. There was nothing to complain about, but there wasn't anything to remember it by either. The suite that my parents in law stayed in was quite nice with views directly onto the front. Our own suite was much larger, a bit too much empty space. It also had a very strange layout. The door to the terrace (which was all glass) was right next to the toilet! You had to go through the bathroom to get to the terrace. I couldn't fault our stay, but felt that the price was based on location rather than the hotel. It depends what you're after. We're used to staying in 3* hotels and we were disappointed having paid the extra for a suite etc that it wasn't any better than our usual hotels - just more expensive. Our parents in law are used to staying in 4* and 5* hotels and I think they felt like they had slummed it a bit!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Coming from an Asian country I was hesitant at first to go to Germany because I haven't been there, I don't know anyone and everything was so foreign to me so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The staff of Lindauer Hof hotel made us all feel welcome and at home. They are helpful, friendly and such sweet smiles greets you every morning. They have such a positive vibe that would make you love the place and feel at ease. Not only that, the hotel is clean, warm and the view is just breathtaking, disarming and peaceful.

Now after my short trip to Germany, I cannot wait to visit again ~hopefully next year. =) Two thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 14 June 2007

This is the worst 4 star hotel experience I have ever had. The rooms and service were so bad that I personally paid the bill for a 4 day stay for my group of 10 (as a cancellation fee) rather than have my friends stay at the hotel. We moved to the wonderful 5 star Hotel Bad Schachen for a similar room rate. Receipts for both hotels are available if anyone doubts the facts.

For fans of John Cleese in Fawlty Towers my experience could only be described as a parody of the programme.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank intrepidmanchester
Reviewed 9 June 2007

Wow. We booked a "junior suite", and were very pleased. The suite had an upstairs sitting room, and a bed and another sitting area downstairs. (We never used the upstairs room, we had plenty of space on the main floor). The bathroom was attractive and well designed. But...in order to reach our private balcony, we had to walk through the bathroom! In addition, in order to get privacy when using the bathroom, we had to pull down a lovely Roman shade, each time! So, the bath was lovely, the balcony was lovely with a wonderful view. But what a strange arrangement.

However, we managed with the limitation.

The location of this hotel is great, right on the water. We watched ships come in and out all day. We had a great view of the harbor. Yes, we would go back, but I think we would ask for a room with a different access to the balcony.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple