We booked this hotel because of its excellent location near the beach and yet in the middle of the resort town of Timmendorfer Strand.
We had a junior suite in the main house.
- A very clean hotel
- Friendly staff
- Excellent location
- Free WiFi
- Parking space guaranteed (extra charge)
- NOT suitable for anyone with mobility issues; there is a lift for a few floors, but access is nevertheless limited
- Nice bright breakfast room
- Breakfast was average with a selection of rolls and bread, cold cuts, cheese, juice, cereals, but nothing really special
- Scrambled/fried eggs can be ordered free, but salmon is charged
- Excellent tea, good standard coffee – any other type of coffee is charged
- The junior suite has a hall with 2 wardrobes, then a glass door leading to a small carpeted seating area with desk and a tiled area with the bed and bath
- The bed, bath and washbasin together are not romantic at all – a VERY odd design idea
- There is a very small separate bathroom with a WC and shower
- Overall the room was old-fashioned
As a matter of personal taste, we found the hotel acceptable, but it didn’t live up to our expectations for a 4-star hotel in this price category.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. This privately run 4-star hotel lies in the heart of Timmendorfer Strand, just 70 m from the beach. It provides well-equipped rooms, family-friendly apartments and suites. Hotel Holsteiner Hof also offers a sauna, massages and a sun terrace. Free internet access, bicycles, parking and garages are also offered. All rooms at the Hotel Holsteiner Hof have satellite TV, a minibar and a safe. The apartment building is located just 20 m from the main building. Apartments include a living area and small kitchen. The renowned in-house restaurant features antique furniture and serves Baltic Sea specialities. Guests can also dine on the heated terrace with a view of the pedestrian mile or else relax in the bar. Guests can also take excursion boats around the Bay of Lubeck or else play on one of the nearby 9-hole or 18-hole golf courses. This is our guests' favourite part of Timmendorfer Strand, according to independent reviews. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Hotel Holsteiner Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.