“The perfect Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The 4Rooms

Our restaurant, the 4tables cafe & gallery, is just down the road
Breakfast is included!
Starter!
Local fresh trout.
Sometimes, the wood-fire oven is turned on!
Dessert at 4tables.
The month-long ShopArt/ArtShop-1 was held in 2013.
The gallery of SA/AS-1
Gaddi wedding dance in Gunehar.
The valley.
Landing gently.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
vikram s
“The perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 8 May 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Words cannot fully describe our experience at The 4Rooms but let me start by saying that Frank and his wonderful staff exceeded all/any of our expectations.
A beautifully restored house that is tended with a lot of love and attention, our living arrangements were great. Despite keeping the authenticity of the local architecture, there is no compromise on comfort anywhere in the house.
Adjacent to the village, ideal for a walk down in to the village and then up in the valley for as much adventure/ quiet time one needs.
Frank is an excellent host who will give you all the space you need but is always available for anything you need.
We ate all our meals at the 4Tables not because it was close but it was one of the best food i've had in a while. Frank and his staff were amazing to accommodate my wife and I who are vegan and from pancakes to tofu wraps to delicious daal/subzi, it was a culinary delight.
Far and remote enough to do nothing, yet close and accessible to temples/ monasteries/ para gliding/ trekking, or other activities.
I cannot wait to be back there next year.

Apoorva R
“The perfect escape”
Reviewed 5 May 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My stay at Four Rooms was absolutely wonderful. Frank is a great host and I cannot appreciate enough how helpful he was (especially with my arrival plans going completely haywire). The food at 4Tables is amazing. Frank even made me a delicious vegan pizza. The staff are lovely and make you feel right at home. The room was super comfortable too. It's a great place to stay at if you're looking for a break from totally commercialised hotels without missing out on comfort. I would highly recommend staying here if you're coming to Bir.

9 May 2018
lakshmir4
Bengaluru, India
“When dreams come true..”
Reviewed 28 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

"A quaint place tucked away in a dream..that's how I would describe the 4Rooms. And magically placed in the quaint little village of Gunehr, filled with the nicest people and the most incredible sunsets one can ever see. I had a lovely stay at 4Rooms while on my solo trip. Being off season, I was the only occupant of the house. Was highly sceptical about spending the night by myself in the big house but was assured by Frank and Suman that there was no reason to worry. And needless to say, I slept like a baby. The food at 4Tables cafe is to die for. Frank is an amazing cook and produces some fantastic grub from his kitchen. The home made breads and cakes are exceptional. I will never forget the long walks and the chats with the friendly villagers and the yummiest aloo sabji I had at one of the houses up in the village where I got invited for a meal just because I happened to be passing by!
Will definitely go back to this little enchanted village..."

30 Dec 2017
see you again, soon!
Simantini...
“Relaxed and pleasant ”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We throughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are great! The staff is friendly and helpful. We also ate at the restaurant and the food was amazing! We hope to come back soon!!

23 Oct 2017
Please do :)
RohiniK13...
“Straight out of a dream!”
Reviewed 9 October 2017 for a stay in August 2017

When I arrived in Gunehar and found myself at Frank's 4rooms hotel, I was instantly struck by just how charming and beautifully created the property was. My partner and I got the upstairs room with the tub, a cozy bed, a balcony with a bed outside to read and watch the rains and passing clouds, and had the most comfortable stay we've ever had in India. Great value for money, the hotel is a 10 minute walk from the magical riverside, which is prettier than any Himachal Pradesh tourism photograph can claim. It's a 5 minute walk from 4tables - the cafe run by Frank and the fantastic Suman Didi, who make sure you feel right at home and are always well fed with their homemade bread, pizza nights, lasagne, and of course, delicious ghar ka khana. I definitely added a few kilos during my 3 day stay, and I have no complaints whatsoever :) It was also special to be included into the Gunehar family from the very start - be it for the smiling villagers who helped create this dream art village from obscurity and who invite you in for chai, to the birds chirping outside our window to wake us up every morning, to Frank's extremely entertaining and lovely son Aloke, who is a pleasure to speak to.

All in all, a must visit if you're anywhere in Himachal, especially near Bir/Billing and Dharamsala side. Don't miss out an opportunity to be here. It's as perfect as it gets!

Your age range 25-34
10 Oct 2017
kandalasi...
New Delhi, India
“An innovative, warm, delicious stay”
Reviewed 25 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Frank is an amazing host: laid-back and attentive and considerate all at once. He gave us our space to chill and lounge and hang around, but was always available on call to answer questions and provide things if needed. The room was comfy and cosy, and the seats outside our room had a nice view of the village and the surrounding hills. I love that 4rooms and 4tables feels like an organic part of the village that adds to it's charm rather than becoming a noisy distraction. The artwork on the village walls was lovely. And oh, Frank is a great cook! If you ask him which soup he will make in the evening, he will say, "we will see!" When a good cook takes you on a trip, go along...all the food was delicious! Definitely going back!

27 Sep 2017
Oh thank you soo much, Shailey! You make me blush.
SurabhiA4...
“Love the feel of the place, the toiletries, food and Frank's entire team!”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I visited 4 Rooms with two of my friends and I must say we had the most peaceful 2 days at Bir only because we stayed at 4rooms. Frank and his staff treated us with utmost hospitality with the most amazing meals (PS: The breakfast is to die for).
Frank hosted a small pizza party which turned out to be too much fun. The next morning we were supposed to leave Bir early morning, Frank actually packed yummy breakfast for us.

When in Bir, theres no place better than 4 rooms!

Your age range 25-34
27 Sep 2017
Thank you and see you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing