“Congratulations to the Staff”
Review of Orsett Hall

Orsett Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Orsett
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I very recently stayed at this hotel for one night whilst on business. Though only a brief stay, I felt the need to express my thanks and gratitude to the staff. I have visited many hotels over the last few years, but I have to say that I do not think that I have been as impressed with the hotel staff as I was on this occasion. From arriving early, I was well received and provided with a cup of complimentary coffee in the lounge whilst it was established whether there was a room available. Within 10 minutes of arriving I was given my room number and thankfully able to freshen up before attending an afternoon presentation.
In the evening the front desk ladies assisted my colleague and I in establishing where we could watch the Barcelona-Chelsea football match that evening and to do so telephoned several local establishments in order to locate one that would meet our needs. The young hotel barman, who again was very polite and welcoming, then went out of his way to draw us directions to our chosen venue.

The breakfast staff were also welcoming and helpful when requested. Good quality breakfast with several options for freshly prepared food.

My room was a large double , clean and well presented. Nice large bathtub with powerful overhead shower. A nice touch were the ESPA branded products in the bathroom.

I will without doubt use this establishment again should I be in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
OrsettHall, PA to General Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, it is really appreciated.

I was delighted to read that you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyable stay with us.

I have passed on your very kind comments to my colleagues.

We look forward to you returning to us soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We recently attended the evening wedding reception of friends. We took our 4 year old daughter along too. We arrived 30 minutes early, so were shown to the bar area, which is decorated lovely. The staff were very really friendly and polite.
The wedding was held in the Gold Room which was superb. The bar staff were very friendly. The buffet was exceptional, considering they were catering for 200 people, it was by far the best buffet I have ever had.
We had a look around the restaurant and checked out the menu, so will be returning for a romanric evening.
Would highly recommend Orsett Hall.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to add your review.

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your visit to us.

I do hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Once again thank you for such a ‘wonderful’ review.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have recently had my wedding reception here, and i can not fault the hotel at all. The day/evening was fantastic, the food was lovely we had the roast beef which everyone said was amazing and i agree.
Service and staff were so friendly. We had Michelle as our wedding co-ordinator and she was brillilant and i felt very confident in her which is what i needed as i was a bridezilla. i had read a previous reciew about Leo the manager and how great he was. So when i saw that he was there on our day i was very pleased and pleased we were he is such a lovely guy and made sure that we were happy with everything and always asking if we needed anything. we stayed in the Whelan Suite which was great, huge infact and very comfortable stay. all our guests that stayed said the same things about there rooms also. i had concerns that there was another wedding and a 21st birthday party on the same day/night as our's but i never noticed that there was anyone expect our guests at the hotel.
Brilliant is all i say. and a massive thank you Orsett Hall

Room Tip: We had the Whelan Suite as it was our wedding night, but the other guests we had staying said there...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your stay, once again very many congratulations to you both.

I do hope we have the pleasure of seeing you again soon or perhaps for that special first anniversary!

Once again thank you for such a ‘fantastic’ review.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

just been for afternoon cream tea at orsett hall - not planned just driving back from a spa break at greenwoods (not overly iimpressed calling in on the off chance at orsett hall with my lovely ladies) - staff could not have been more helpfull - booked us in no problem into luxurious surroundings and delivered a fabulous mouthwatering cream tea (which we even had to take some home as could not finish it all- for such a reasonable price) Then staff were very gracious in the spa and gave us a guided tour supplying us with usefull info of different deals that are on offer for treatments - so impressed am def inently going to have a special birthday or girls meet up there- highly recommended..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 60donna

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was my forth year staying at this hotel as it is the venue for an annual dinner I attend here each year. The rooms are very well presented and comfortable. The staff are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast in the Garden Resturant is freshly cooked as required and excellent.
My only critism has little to do with the hotel as it relates to the calibre of guest. On returning to the hotel via the main entrance after a successful evening in the Pavillion I was confronted by swearing, smoking guests from a wedding party with most of them being the worst for wear no doubt after a hard days drinking. I'm sure they have all had a great time but it was more like closing time of a nightclub in a rough town centre than a top class hotel. In the morning the aftermath of the aforesaid gathering was a sea of cigarette ends, literally hundreds of them all around the door ways and in the path leading up to the hotel. Persumably one of the staff has the unenviable task of clearing them all up before it all starts again the next night?
If you are planning a romantic getaway and you don't want to witness this sort of behaviour I suggest you check to see if the hotel have a wedding booked. However, they can't all be like that surely??

Stayed: March 2012
OrsettHall, PA to General Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review and glad that you always find the hotel well presented and comfortable.

It sounds very unfortunate that encountered an issue with the wedding party and you are correct with your statement ''However, they can't all be like that surely??''

I hope this will not put you off returning to the hotel again

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice before and always been very happy with the quality on offer,it also hosts events and conferences etc so this may have been the reason for all of the hotel bedrooms being fully booked on this occasion.
I was offered accommodation in a lodge which is situated in the car park,with full use of all the hotel facilities which i accepted.
The lodge no 35 is compact ,it comprises of a single bed,desk,small corner wardrobe and an en suite with a toilet,tiny sink and a shower,not luxurious but functional.
The surrounding car park is massive.
The hotel is top quality with food to match.
The gym is more than adequate,with talk of a swimming pool to be added in the near future.
All staff very polite and friendly.
Would definitely stay again when next in the area,preferably in the main hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the hotel not hectors house in the car park
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DrGasRotherham

Thank you for your positive review and we are always pleased to get feedback from our regular customers

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Orsett Hall is an unexpected treasure - modern (but built in the style of the former Georgian mansion that burnt down in 2007), very comfortable and spotlessly clean, with just enough bling to make it special - much more than we had expected at the price. The staff are friendly and helpful and the restaurant is excellent, with a very affordable menu if you don't want to push the boat out on a la carte every night. Service is slow though so allow plenty of time. The only disappointment was the size of the bath towells - I'm only 5'4 and I found them small.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the main road. (Its not too close but you can h...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope you come back and stay with us again in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orsett
De Rougemont Manor
#1 of 4 in Brentwood
Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
Park Inn by Radisson Thurrock
#1 of 1 in North Stifford

Been to Orsett Hall? Share your experiences!