Orsett Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bell Inn Hotel(Horndon-on-the-Hill)
Good 3.5/5
Stifford Hall Hotel(North Stifford)
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsafternoon teacakesgarden roomspecial occasionwedding venuefrom start to finishmy mumbirthday treatfood was lovelyrun smoothlysunday lunchbeautiful groundsstaff were attentivedance floorwaiting staffbeefwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A group of friends and I had Christmas lunch in the Garden Restaurant of Orsett Hall.

Firstly, the Hall itself is beautiful and set in lovely grounds. The restaurant was tastefully decorated and dressed for Christmas. It was a busy day for the staff, but their attention to detail was first class, nothing was too much trouble. The three course meal we all had was superb, it was well presented, hot and full of flavour. Lots of fresh vegetables too. Would go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we are please that you enjoyed your visit to The Garden Restaurant and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed one night in Orsett Hall. Thanks to the hotel manager Leo out stay was absolutely amazing! He went out of his way to make it special. Great to see that some people are in the right jobs. If all hotels were managed by people like Leo I don't think anyone would ever complain about anything. Thank you Leo for arranging a special treatment and your own personal attention.

• Stayed: December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we are please that you enjoyed your visit to Orsett Hall and hope to see you again very soon. I will pass your comments to Leo.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a place that we visit perhaps once a month for Sunday lunch and as my Review title suggests the meal can be very hit and miss. The main complaint is that the meal isn't consistent, for example on one visit your plate can be loaded up to capacity and the next time, as on this Sundays occasion, the meat was very sparse, And there was no cauliflower cheese, and the time before there were no Yorkshire pudding served, so really you don't know what to expect. The quality of the food can vary and I wonder if this is due to change of chefs etc. my example here is that the roast potatoes weren't crispy and I had to send back my apple crumble as it had been nuked in the microwave to practically a purée, which was exactly the same as the apple sauce served with the pork earlier in the meal. The younger waiting staff although very pleasant showed their inexperience by dropping several items on the table as they served us, and also when asked how our meals were, they did not apologise or offer to pass our comments on to the chef. However the ambience of the various restaurants in the building is very nice and it is overall a lovely place to visit, but sometimes I think they may be winging it on their good name without looking properly into the quality, consistency and service provided. Last Sundays experience did not put me off and I would go back with caution!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We take our guest feedback very seriously and have taken your comments on board and addressed the issues raised within our operation.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed at Orsett hall for a celebratory event.
Our room was very well appointed and clean and comfortable.
The meal, for an event catering for a large number was excellent, everything was fresh and very well served. The wine selection, although not extensive, was very good quality.
A major success was breakfast, very well organised and the food was excellent.
Well done.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Afternoon tea treat. Lovely, traditional and great location. Staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We would highly recommend Orsett Hall for ease of location and would make great location for wedding or hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family