Orsett Hall
The Bell Inn Hotel(Horndon-on-the-Hill)
US$114
US$111
Travelocity
Stifford Hall Hotel(North Stifford)
US$93
US$90
US$89
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Thurrock M25(West Thurrock)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$52
US$80
PremierInn.com
US$157
Ibis London Thurrock(Grays Thurrock)
US$47
ibis
Granby Hotel(Northfleet)
US$112
  • Restaurant
All reviewsafternoon teacakesgarden roomspecial occasionwedding venuefrom start to finishmy mumbirthday treatfood was lovelyrun smoothlysunday lunchbeautiful groundsstaff were attentivedance floorwaiting staffbeefwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We held our wedding at Orsett Hall on Saturday 23rd March 2013. I had amazing service from them right upto when we arrived on Friday 22nd March. As soon as we arrived the Reception team got us and all our guests booked in super quick while our things were taken to our rooms. The Weddings team came and saw us quickly to go through what would be happening the next day and to put our minds at ease!! Our guests then decided they wanted to join us for dinner the night before in The Garden Restaurant and the team there were super helpful with our very last minute party of 20 and the food was amazing!! My husband and I were even able to take a sneak peak of the reception room for the next day and one of the Duty team Managers was there to ensure we were happy with the set up and if anything needed changing - the room looked amazing with just the tables and chairs!!!

The next day was obviously all systems go for the wedding and the whole day was faultless, even if the weather wasnt!! Freezing cold with snow and rain in the morning (thankfully that stopped) and the team did all they could to make it amazing. It was all the small things that made it wonderful such as ensuring chairs were in the waiting room for older guests, arranging a wheelchair for my brother so he could get the chapel in one piece (he had an operation the week before) and then when it was my turn to arrive they arranged for the limo to drive me and my bridesmaids to the chapel as they didnt want to risk us falling over or getting our dresses muddy!!!

The reception itself was amazing, the room looked GORGEOUS, the food was delicious and the Duty Manager was there the whole time from start to finish and attended to everything we needed and even bought us a drink at the start of the Evening Reception!!

Would I recommend Orsett Hall for a wedding? Without a shadow of a doubt! The whole planning experience was wonderful because they made it all so easy, even helping with our menu requirements (such as a vegan who needed a special menu) right through to the day itself that ran like a dream. I just wish we could do it all again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Barnard Suite which was amazing!! Looks right over the main entrance and gardens so good for a wedding as you can be nosey as your guests arrive! Also the seperate toilet and huge main bathroom were very helpful when getting ready!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are pleased that we helped to make your Wedding Day a very special day for you. We wish you lots of luck in the future and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Went here for our dads ninety birthday and the rooms were very large and clean, the meal in the garden room was very good with a lot of the staff making a fuss of the birthday boy.All the staff we came across were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.Lovely place to stay for any kind of celebrations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - customer service is very important to us. I will pass your comments onto the team and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Recently I was taken for a surprise afternoon tea as part of my hen weekend. There were 14 of us, the tea and selection of cakes and sanwiches were the best I have ever had and surroundings were so pretty.

• Stayed: January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - customer service is very important to us. I will pass your comments onto the chefs and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Orsett hall is a great venue for Engagements, weddings etc. The look is lovely, the people are great, however, they seem to let themselves down by holding random events, such as Abba tribute night, over 30s nights etc.

We attended an engagement party which was absolutely beautiful, the venue looked amazing, but at one of the bars there was this meat market type disco happening. Although this was away from our function, the shared facilities (toilet etc) really did pay the price for this seemingly low rent event.

If you want to organise an event here, ensure that you are the only people there, I am sure it will be amazing if that is the case.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review - customer service is very important to us. We have taken your comments on board but would just say that our own events are very popular and the teams work very hard to ensure that all of our guests in our own events and private functions are looked after and have the best facilities possible.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had our daughters wedding at Orsett hall in June last year it was a fantastic day, the staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for us. My dad had fallen and broken 2 ribs the week of the wedding and on the day the staff went to collect my dad from the car park with a wheelchair and an umbrella as it was pouring with rain (what service). The food was amazing especially when they are catering for so many people. I would also like to mention the Toast Master Denis what a lovely man he was and so professional everybody commented on how good he was. All our friends still talk about what a lovely day it was. We had booked lots of rooms and all our guests loved them especially the bridle sweet which was very grand. My husband took me for lunch in December for my birthday we were in the Garden room full marks for that as well staff and food were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review as guest feedback is very important to us. We are very pleased that we helped to make your daughter's Wedding Day so special and that you enjoyed your visit to The Garden Restaurant. We hope to see you again very soon.