Orsett Hall
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Bell Inn Hotel(Horndon-on-the-Hill)
View Hotel
Stifford Hall Hotel(North Stifford)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsafternoon teacakesgarden roomspecial occasionwedding venuefrom start to finishmy mumbirthday treatfood was lovelyrun smoothlysunday lunchbeautiful groundsstaff were attentivedance floorwaiting staffbeefwedding reception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed on the 3rd room 33 has a shower that if you are over 5ft tall you will have problems using due to sloping ceiling/wall we had two single beds zipped together very uncomfortable for a man and wife so a bad nights sleep was had when I approached the reception I was told points noted thankyou it was out of her mouth before I had finished speaking so a brush off I think a shame as 175.00 pound a night room you would expect more we have stayed a lot in the hiltons and Marriotts we would not stay here again as the quality of rooms do not reflect the price

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Andrea I, Public Relations Manager at Orsett Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review as Customer Feedback is very important to us. We do think that our rooms and facilities are correctly priced and have lots of positive feedback from most of our guests. We have taken your comments on board.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Pleasant welcome on arrival and helpful reception.
Large and well appointed room.
Nice view from the room.
Evening meal nice although not so hot and reasonably priced.
Good breakfast and served quickly.
Very friendly cleaning staff who do a great job.
I've stayed here before several times and used their conference facilities which are excellent.
The car park is massive and if you're interested in old cars they have a few.

Room Tip: The cottages in the grounds are lovely and private. The top floor rooms are warm although air con is installed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We had a family afternoon tea, age ranges from 10 to 70. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and am looking to return ... Particularly as we tried afternoon tea elsewhere for a comparable price which was horrendous. My daughter loved the macaroons ;)

Stayed: October 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Our Afternoon Teas are extremely popular at the moment and we are pleased that you enjoyed yours. Hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We celebrated my mum's 80th Birthday with family and friends in The Blue Room (one of Orsett Hall's private rooms) on Easter Sunday. It is a beautiful room with views of the grounds and lots of light from the windows on two sides. The staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating when organising my mum's surprise lunch, the food was delicious and the room beautiful. I was able to decorate with balloons, flowers and table confetti to make the room special - and stick things on the wall! The room has it's own bar area and service was top class. The food was superb, the grounds are beautiful and all round it is just a perfect venue for any occasion. I highly recommend and would use again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that your mum enjoyed her 80th Birthday Party and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I came for sunday lunch, on arrive at the hall i thought the grounds where stunning we then headed to the Garden Restaurant seated very quickly and our drink order taken straight away, the restaurant is beautifully decorated to have a loverly fresh outdoorsie feel which I thought was really nice, we had 2 Courses starting with Roast Lamb and then Raspberry cheese cake for desert we paid £22 each which I thought was a very good price for the place, I will be returning here for Afternoon Tea in June Loverly place to go. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Sunday Lunch and are sure that your Afternoon Tea in June will be as equally enjoyable.