All reviews tea factory foot massage on arrival sri lanka cookery lesson dining room elephant orphanage beautiful location attention to detail the hustle and bustle couple of days our honeymoon last night food was amazing first stop egg hoppers old colonial
Reviewed 19 June 2018

From the smiling faces of the staff at arrival, the foot massage, the wonderful views, the comfortable rooms, the super food (very flexible according to everyone's taste), the relaxing and family friendly ambiance, the interesting local activities (tea factory, elephant foundation...) the Rosyth Estate House is the perfect, peaceful getaway for a family of 3 young energetic boys (and exhausted parents ;-). We could even watch our national team football world cup match. We also had the chance to spend time with the owners of that gem and the passion they put in making your stay as smooth and relax as possible explains it all...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
NEIL D, Owner at Rosyth: The Estate House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments. Being just 2 hours from the airport we do make a good location to base yourself from for an extended weekend when travelling in from the Middle East or close by Asian countries. You made the most of your stay and we are glad that your boys enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

This was our first accommodation in Sri Lanka after an overnight flight, so we needed a relaxing place to stay for a couple of nights. The travel agent, Audley, suggested here and it ticked all the right boxes. The service was second to none with everyone out to be of a service. The foot massage on arrival was welcome and a chat with the chef on our preferences regarding spiciness was very helpful. The food is excellent, proper Sri Lankan, with a brief description by the waiting staff about it.

Our stay here was meant to be a recouperation after the journey, but our driver for the whole trip persuaded us to take a trip to Kandy. On our return after a pretty hectic day, it was great having a dip in the pool and my wife had a massage, she really enjoyed that. Having taken our trip to Kandy we missed the walk around the estate, which I am sure woukd have been very intersting.

A perfect start to our holiday!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind comments and we are delighted that you stayed with us at the beginning of your holiday, being only two hours from the airport we make a great stop at the beginning or end of a tour around Sri Lanka. I am sorry that you missed your walk around the Estate - if you return to Sri Lanka I hope you will stay with us again and we will be delighted to show you how we grow tea and cultivate the rubber. Kind regards, Neil

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

So many positive things to say about Rosyth. For a start, the staff are all absolutely brilliant. Attentive, helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a beautiful location, with incredible views. The food is exceptional, the exec chef is very talented and comes out to make sure you are satisfied and if there is anything you need (less or more spice etc). We also had a cooking lesson with him which was very informative and we were given a cook book of his own recipes which we will certainly be using when we return. The hotel is clean and decorated beautifully, with some really interesting sri lankan art work. I also took the pleasure of having a full body massage in the spa and it was by far one of the best I have had. I have zero complaints about the hotel and would 100% recommend staying to anyone looking for a few days of peace and quiet. Thank you to Dhilanthra and all of the staff for making our stay perfect

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
NEIL D, Owner at Rosyth: The Estate House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments and the team will really appreciate the feedback. Our team members all take pride in delivering great service. I am pleased that you took advantage of the Spa and the opportunity to learn a bit more about Sri Lankan food. Kind regards.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and I would say, 2 nights and you might feel rushed, 4 probably a night too much. Rosyth is on a plantation and is about a 30 min taxi to nearest town, so suggest you have a driver. Accommodation is half board. Booking Team were excellent and great communication before we arrived. Let me start by saying we really enjoyed our stay, setting is great, lovely vistas of planation, well laid out, nice pool, relaxed, staff were a delight, very friendly and helpful and would recommend. Foot massage on arrival.Thats not to say I did expect better given the reviews, cost and comparison to other Hotels we stayed at, most of whom were also on a half board basis. Room was nice, not 5 star, very good but not excellent. Bathroom a little old fashioned, no bath. Air con good and mosquito net is provided which is great. Bed very comfy. I had to ask for dressing gown and slippers. No tea and coffee provided, which is available if you call. No mini bar, again team will provide if asked. Amenities were good. Towel’s were lack lustre and whilst appreciate conservation aim, comfort is an override. Only 1 mirror in room which is an issue when getting ready. Ambiance is chilled, relaxed and informal and very welcoming. Breakfast was a disappointment, no menu, set offering, you had no choice. Fruit, toast and yogurt plus a daily set item. Would have liked an egg station and a choice. Only 1 coffee choice. Evening meal was adequate, again not to the standard i was expecting and did not compare say to: Kings Pavillon, The Fortress, Heritance or Edwards Collection. I thought chef would ask us what we wanted and cook accordingly, but again evening menu is set and when i asked for an off menu choice, it wasn’t possible. Food lacked taste and was bland. Shame because the Chef was nice. Limited wine choice and oh why do they not have International Spirits and Tonic water. Gin was awful, was quite a deal breaker for me, Martini not available. After dinner you can sit on terrace, play board games, read and listen to music. Again very chilled. Lots to do nearby, Elephant Orphanage is a must, hotel provide walks and daily activities, tour round plantation which is hosted by a local man who was a delight, yoga, spa to name a few. Reading this review you might think its a bit negative, I repeat I would recommend but it did not stand up to above mentioned hotels on cost or quality, albeit good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 159marting
NEIL D, Owner at Rosyth: The Estate House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

First of all can I thank you for your very thorough review following your stay at Rosyth & I am glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Equally I am of course sorry that all aspects of your stay were not up to the standard that you were looking for. We are introducing dressing gowns in all of our rooms, to date they were in our suites and available on request. We have recently replaced all of our towels during the first quarter and I can only assume that old stock was still in circulation which has now been withdrawn. We had already identified the need to make the choice which we offer for both breakfast and dinner clearer to all of our guests. A new printed menu has been introduced for breakfast with a wide choice of options. For dinner we will continue to promote our tasting and sharing Sri Lankan menu, which most guests prefer, but in addition we have upgraded the A la Carte dinner menu, available as an alternative and this is going to be loaded on to our web site within the next week or so and will include Kids menu. In keeping with our philosophy to source local items we promote our favorite local gin & tonic, which I have to say most guests find very agreeable. In addition, we have a small range of international brands also available and I am sorry if this wasn't offered to you. We appreciate the feedback, your comments have been shared with the whole team and we hope we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Rosyth at some point in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and daughter for 2 nights. It’s a lovely, peaceful hotel that truly feels like a home. We felt so welcome from the moment we arrived (and were greeted with a foot massage). The hotel is situated on a hillside with stunning views and surrounded by a lush garden and tea plantation, lots of birds and wildlife. There are many quiet areas around the grounds to sit and read, including hammocks strung between trees, and a great pool looking out to the gardens.

The rooms are spacious, stylish, clean and open out into a living/lounge area in the house.

The food was fantastic, and chef will discuss with you in advance the daily menu and any dietary requirements. We are pescatarian only and had some amazing fish and vegetable curries, and great breakfasts and juices. The kids menu has good variety with healthy options.

Altogether, this is a great hotel where you can truly relax and unwind. The staff are so friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely comments which we appreciate. We always hope that our guests will enjoy the natural beauty of the surrounding gardens and our Estate. We are privileged to have such natural beauty and wildlife. I very happy that you enjoyed the food which is an important part of your stay at Rosyth and our team appreciate the kind comments which you have made about them. Neil