“Astounding location in the Alps”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Andermatt
Guest House Piz Calmot
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Andermatt
Haifa
“Astounding location in the Alps”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel sits at the top of the Oberalppass at 2046 meters. It is right on the road and the train stops directly under it, however, there is almost no traffic and there are only about 5 trains a day. It is a spectacular location sitting on the shore of small mountain lake with mountains going straight up on two sides. There are hundreds of hiking trails right outside the door. There is nothing fancy about the accommodation, but the rooms are clean, the beds were comfortable, and the loudest sound from our window was the waterfall in the distance. I slept like a baby!
The breakfast that was included in our room price was basic- no eggs etc, however the loaf of bread was the best that Switzerland has to offer and that alone made it gourmet.
The manager Christopher and the waitress Suzanne were supper friendly and accommodating.
I can't wait to take my whole family there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at the Piz Calmot to celebrate a birthday. Well everything about it was truly wonderful. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and provided an excellent service. The atmosphere was very relaxed and welcoming. The food was great we could not have asked for better. The location of Piz Calmot was amazing with beautiful views and scenery, ideal for walking or biking or just chilling out. The prices for the accommodation the food and drinks were very reasonable. Would definitely recommend Piz Calmot as a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have never before written a review, however after staying at Piz Calmot this has all changed. I am an English person who lives in Switzerland and throughout my time here I have travelled to a lot of different places in Switzerland and I can honestly say there is no place I have stayed in that compares to Piz Calmot. As soon as I walked through the doors I was greeted with warmth and friendliness, and after my two nights I was here I did not want to leave. The food was exceptional, Dino, the head chef, provided us with exquisite food and service, that compared to any top restaurant i have visited in any country. Myself and my boyfriend went on a motorbike tour through the alps and decided to stop off here as we had heard a lot of good reccomendations from friends and we are so glad we did. It is a beautiful setting, with lots of lovely routes to hike and bike in the summer, and Everybody was so welcoming and friendly. If you want wonderful service and staff, delicious food, a beautiful location, and great value for money, then this is the place to visit. Thank you Piz Calmot!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Bethany5413
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andermatt
The Chedi Andermatt
#1 of 1 in Rueras
Hotel Badus
Hotel Badus
#8 of 11 in Andermatt

Been to Guest House Piz Calmot? Share your experiences!