“Horror hotel, stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Esos Hotel Quelle

and 1 more site!
Esos Hotel Quelle
Ranked #1 of 9 Bad Ragaz B&B and Inns
“Horror hotel, stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is a terrible hotel, beds are old and you can feel the springs come through. Worst of all, I couldn't sleep because the front door got slammed really hard all evening until late. This was no fun. Eventually, I tried to get in touch with some of the hotel staff, but the hotel seemed to be abandoned. This was rather creepy, actually. I then went to check Tripadvisor for a GOOD hotel and this turned out to be just around the corner: Hotel Krone. I took just my wallet and passport, left all my stuff in the room and went to Krone. Mind you, this was all around midnight, and I was exhausted and totally annoyed. I got an exceptionally warm welcome at Krone and within 20 minutes I slept like a baby in one of their very comfortable beds.
The next morning I collected my stuff and went back to Krone for breakfast. Now for the roughest part: the clerk at Quelle had asked me to pay for the room the day before, and also asked me to enter an amount for the tip. Yes, you read that right: he asked me to pay a tip when I checked IN! And with me being tired from my travels that day, I had actually tipped them. I'm really sorry about that.
Worst part: they have a Tripadvisor badge on their door, but I cannot find this hotel when searching hotels in Bad Ragaz. They're not listed, until you actually enter the hotel name. Tripadvisor, what's up with that?

Room Tip: Go to Krone!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

I booked a new year stay in hotel Quelle Esos in Bad Ragaz in september 12 for my parents and family. Ove three months before arrival,
I booked a 3 bedroom and 1 living room apartment via booking.com. When we arrived I was shown to a room with six beds lined up like in a dormitory. Our apartment had obviously been given to a higher subsequent bidder! I was told it was not free at that time. My disappointed family left to go back home. Absolutely terrible experience especially after I had confirmed the booking the day before directly with the hotel! I would advise everyone to not book this hotel as you will probably end up without a room even if they tell you it is all booked ....

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank enyakb

Travellers are raving about these Bad Ragaz hotels

HK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We are 5 friends travelling the Switzerland for 5 days. I made reservation for an apartment for 5 persons for 2 nights more than 1 month before our arrival date. The reservations made through Venere.com suppose to be cancelled free of charge few days before the arrival date. I cancelled my reservation due to a change in my itinerary and I also find that the reservation confirmation did not mention that we were 5 persons. Then, I made another reservation for 1 night and captured the reservation page.
However, the hotel charged my credit card just after my reservation for two nights and has not returned to me the different amount upto now it is already a month time from my stay in the hotel. Besides, what they charged to my credit card was more than what was quoted in my reservation. I suppose Venere.com should not disclose my credit card number to the hotel if it is free cancellation. I write to the customer service email but no one replied me.
I don't have any trust in this website nor the hotel anymore. I won't recommend the website and don't book this hotel through Venere.com. It's a mess.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment by the river. The bedrooms are good but there is not enough chairs and s...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dolphinyinyin
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great location, close to the Spa and in the old village. Small hotel with a quiet atmosphere. Quite adequate breakfast, served in a cozy dining room decorated in traditional Swiss style. Very friendly receptionist, I could feel always welcome no matter what additional requests I had. Very quiet rooms where all you could hear was the pleasant sound of the waterfalls nearby. My single room on the third floor was clean with a Very comfortable bed. The only thing I was missing was the telephone in the room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Svetlana A
China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

We booked the "standard Double Room" one night,it is more pretty than i expected,the picture of the room in "booking.com" can trust.The price is a little expensive for us(student),bu I think it is just reasonable in Switzerland.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

The proprietor was friendly & helpful, despite his Italian-style three day beard which gave an unfortunate first, but mistaken, impression of something of a gangster (!), giving us an early breakfast so we could get the train to Chur in time for our two day trip over the Alps and back on the Bernina Express. But I have to say that if you were to stay a few days to enjoy the spa, the hikes and cycling possibilities of this gorgeous little town you might like to outlay just a bit more. The Esos Quelle really needs a good makeover to bring it to a full 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheGadflyBrisbane
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Just stayed one night. A pleasant, well looked after B&B on a quiet street. This is a B&B, not a posh hotel, but ideal for a stopover and there is good access to several nice restaurants. At CHF 55 (£35) for a single room, including breakfast, this is top value in a country which is usually much more expensive.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family