“Very quiet hotel”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Besancon, France
“Very quiet hotel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel is quiet and clean, rooms are very well furnished. The beds are big and very comfortable.
The breakfast buffet is provided with fresh fruit and different breads, cheese and yoghurts, cooked food (sausages, bacon, eggs,..) and a large variety of cold and hot drinks.
The negative point : the hotel is located far from the city center. So it is the right place if you have a car. Otherwise, try a hotel closest to the tourist attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for an overnight as just off the motorway and totally efficient. it's outside the town so wouldn't Choose it for an extended stay. Rooms great, food and service excellent. Outside area really nice. Loads of parking and good wi- fi.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Midlands, UK
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I was a little nervous when I learned the location was in an industrial area and nearly 10km from Lausanne. Even more nervous when I needed to pay 36 francs for a taxi from Lausanne.
However when I wandered down through Bussigny town to the station and learned that a regular train service is available for a return fare of 10 francs I was very pleased with the quite location.
There is even a bus to take you up the hill from the station but I walked and enjoyed the town and it's friendly people.
The hotel cannot be faulted and has great views across the alps in the distance. A pond pool is really attractive too for swimming.
Restaurant is excellent with a good choice for breakfast and good coffee to wake up with.
I can recommend this hotel for business in lausanne and pleasure for tourists.

• Stayed September 2013
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We moved to this hotel after a bad experience at the hotel we previously booked. The hotel was fully air conditioned, clean and had a large foyer area with plenty of seats should you wish to sit outside the room. The room was large and well appointed. We had a room with a balcony which was very nice to sit out on in the late afternoon and evening. Staff were friendly and very willing to assist in any way. The restaurant was good with both an interior and exterior area so the good weather could be enjoyed. The hotel was very close to the motorway from which you could easily access other motorways within the network making it easy to get to Geneva, Nyon, Montreux, Vevey and Bern. We would particulariy recommend visiting Vervey and Nyon. Also catching the Ferry from Nyon to Yvoire.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Anchorage
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Free parking is a good advantage for the area. The outdoors pool is not quite safe young children. Free parking is a good advantage for the area. The outdoors pool is not quite safe young children. Free parking is a good advantage for the area. The outdoors pool is not quite safe young children.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

New Jersey Shore
Reviewed 15 August 2013

A little about me first so you understand what I’m looking for when traveling…I’m 59, retired seven years ago from being a NJ State prison guard supervisor, and got a part job for a major airline as a ticket agent working a couple of day a week mainly for the travel benefit, which always my partner and me to fly anywhere on my airline for free and very cheaply on other airlines. As such, we do about five short European trips as well as numerous domestic trips a year. The main purpose of this trip was to visit the Musee Jenisch in Vevey to see the Oskar Kokoschka collection as the artist lived the final years of his live in the area. The plan was to fly Newark-Geneva, rent a car, spend two night in a hotel, relax at a therm the first day and visit the museum the second day. For most trips I normally rely on Priceline or Hotwire to get a first class hotel at a very reasonable price. However, in this case, because we were renting a car I thought it best to stay in a motor hotel/motel type of facility. I didn’t want to get a hotel on Priceline or Hotwire only to find that parking was an additional $40 or so a night. My airline has a contract with the Accor Hotel chain and I zeroed in on them. I found a few Accor properties, cross referenced them in Trip Advisor, and decided this one looked like it suited our purpose best. The main reason for this was that other Trip Advisor reviews commented on how well the AC worked in the rooms, and as it is August and going to be in the 80’s, this was very important to us since European AC often is not up to American standards. I booked the hotel using my mobile phone in Newark when I knew for sure we were getting seats on the plane (employees travel on a stand by bases meaning that we only get to occupy unsold seats). I actually wound up using a non-contract rate offered to everyone that was non-changeable and non-refundable, and included breakfast, for a reasonable per night cost.
As it turns out we got first class on the way over (and back). We landed in Geneva on time, which was around 8:00AM in the morning. We proceeded to the rental car area, got our car, and where on the road by shortly after 9:00AM (I don’t know how we would ever do these trips without the Tom Tom application in my I-Phone). The hotel was a little less than an hour from the airport, about midway between the airport and what we wanted to do in Vevey. We got to the hotel around 10AM and were delighted that they were willing to check us in immediately. This is a right off the highway hotel built on the end of a bluff that gives very pleasant views of the valley and the mountains in the distance. The hotel’s restaurant (which is where the included buffet breakfast is served) as well as lunch and dinner takes full advantage of this view, also overlooking a grassy field containing the hotel pool which is designed to look somewhat like a natural pond. Didn’t have the opportunity to use the pool but we saw other guest enjoying it. Next to the pool is a small standalone building housing a small workout room, steam room, sauna, shower and bathroom area. Although we did not use the steam room or sauna, we looked at it and it is indeed a very nice facility. The lobby area, bar and restaurant area, and pool area where definitely up scale, very nicely done, and completely worthy of a four star hotel.

Our room was on the second floor. It was nicely furnished with a good wall mounted flat screen TV, a safe, a refrigerator mini bar that was not sensor triggered so you could use it to keep personal beverages cold, and an electric hot water kettle to make instant coffee or tea. Bathroom facility offered a toilet room and a separate shower and sink room. This was very nicely done. Good shower and nice products. The room had a queen size bed, a sofa, desk area, and closet storage area all of which were nicely appointed and well lit. And the AC does indeed works great, completely up to American standards of comfort.

The breakfast offered was very good. Pretty much the same both days so I would say that it’s the same every day. Hot buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, beans. Cold buffet of deli meats. Nice breads, cereal, and pastries. Very good coffee making machines, juices, bottled water, and teas. Breakfast was absolutely fine and presented in the restaurant area which I previously mentioned took full advantage of the lovely view.

All in all, this was a perfect hotel for us. I agree with most other Trip Advisor reviews. It is a motor hotel, if you don’t have a car; it’s not the place for you to stay. There is absolutely nothing in walking distance. But if you do have a vehicle and are looking for a motor hotel you will not do better than this.

Recommendations: Therm Lavey-les-Bains for an afternoon or evening. About an hour away.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Franck F, Directeur général at Novotel Lausanne Bussigny, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Lausanne Bussigny.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you very mutch.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Franck Fleury,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bussigny-pres-Lausanne
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind
#5 of 46 in Lausanne
ibis budget Lausanne Bussigny
ibis budget Lausanne Bussigny
#2 of 3 in Bussigny-pres-Lausanne

Been to Novotel Lausanne Bussigny? Share your experiences!