Art.Boutique.Hotel Beau-Sejour(Champery)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Hotel Suisse(Champery)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$148
Hotel Plein Ciel(Champery)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$124
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Le Chaudron(Champery)
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The hotel is far from luxury, everything is old and worn and nothing is particularly comfortable. However, it does have a certain charm and character to it coming from its age and the owner is very friendly. We stayed for one night after having walked all day, and for a short stay it was fine, the beds were fine and breakfast was also fine. Would recommend it for a short stay but not for anything longer as it was just a bit run down.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

This is a two star hotel due to the lack of amenities ie no swimming pool etc but the warmth of the owners was spectacular. See penultimate paragraph...

The rooms were basic but clean and the hotel was full of character.

The room I stayed in overlooked the only two roads in Champery so I could hear the traffic the first night but after skiing and tiring myself out I slept through the following nights!

The free bus to take you to the cable car (telepherique) is just opposite the hotel and takes 10 minutes. Arriving every 20mins from 8.20am onwards.
From here you can access Porte de Soleil.

Breakfast Was self service continental -see picture.

On the day the Mountain was closed due to high winds, the owners were SO helpful trying to work out the nearest resorts that were open and assisting us in finding a minibus to get there (11 of us). They even negotiated a rate for us with the taxi driver! I doubt that unless you were in a 5 star hotel with a concierge service you would receive such help.

If you are going to Champery then consider them as an option (if you don't need nighttime bars and restaurants)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2015

A few weeks ago, in August, I had the pleasure of spending three nights at Hotel des Alpes, in Champery. The hotel is Alpine-perfect: clean, cozy, charming. What is more, the owners, Gustavo and Teresa, are supremely helpful, gracious and worldly. Champery is known mainly as a winter resort, but I found it to also be an outstanding base for summertime hiking. A cable car in town can take you up to the 1,960m Croix de Culet, and from there you can connect to a network of dozens of chairlifts lacing through the Portes du Soleil ski -- but also biking and hiking -- area. These lifts provide almost unlimited access to 1,000 square kilometers of pristine Alpine highlands (covering both Switzerland and France), and make it possible to customize a hike to any degree of difficulty. A one-day pass for the cable cars and chairlifts costs only 6 or 7 CHF. I highly recommend Hotel des Alpes and Champery to any summertime traveler looking for a good place to enjoy the Alps.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2015

It's a few years since we were last there, but the memories of it are so fond they feel as though we were there only yesterday. It's run by a husband & wife team. He knows the hotel business inside out, and from top to bottom. His wife is responsible for infusing the charm, the cosiness, the 'je ne sais quoi' elements to make your stay comfortable and fondly memorable.

BTW, if you love bears...you are going to love this hotel. Stay there and you'll find out why.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not overlook the main road
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2015

This hotel is a rip off as I had recently booked for a ten day trip at the end of the season and sadly I was injured after four days and waited a few extra days to see if I would heal and be able to ski again. But I decided I would have to leave on the 7th day as there was no point being there and it was also super quiet as almost everybody had left anyway. But to my disgust, the hotel would not give me back the money for the extra days even though the hotel was empty! They then offered some vouchers for the two breakfasts that I would miss!! But I had to rush off as I had to change my own ticket and return flight (as they were NO help with even that). Therefore my son had to go and ask for my money after I had left and they refused and offered him vouchers for breakfast even though he was leaving that day!!! Don't be fooled by the greeting you receive upon arrival, it only hides their greedy and corrupt behaviour once something goes wrong!!!!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family