“A change but not for the best”
Review of Au Greni - CLOSED

Au Greni
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lausanne, Switzerland
“A change but not for the best”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

With friends I went there last evening. This restaurant was nice in terms of food and service. I was going there from time to time, and now definitely it was the last time; even if the restaurant is nice in terms of decor (typical swiss chalet).
The selection of dishes did change, the quality is not there anymore, the products and presentation are not what it used to be. The raclette cheese was of poor quality (even the chef who did prepare it was agree with me), and the service disorganised, even if the head waitress is still the same, and she tries to do the utmost, otherwise the team speaks hardly french.
The prices did increase, I believe due to the high season winter season.
So be careful, I do not know what is happening to them.

• Visited February 2014

Singapore, Singapore
“Delicious Roasted Spring Chicken”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My friend and i went for a tete a tete dinner last night "Au Greni" .I was not sure about going anymore as i read a very negative review on Trip Advisor .Anyway we took our chance as my friend 's mother used to go there many years ago just to eat the Roasted Spring Chicken.
The Roasted Spring chicken came with a salad as a starter (green salad, carrots, beet root ,corn..) and i took the chicken with "Pommes Allumettes " and my friend with Rosti.
It was absolutely delicious .
we took a class of local wine eah and some Henniez Mineral water .The bill came to CHF 90.0 for us two which we found was very good value for our Money.
Will definitely come back.
Thierry F.

• Visited August 2013
Crans-Montana, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shame,used to be good!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have never reviewed before ,this experience was so bad,i felt that i had to!We have visited this restaurant several times in the past 3 or 4 years, it used to be good.My sister spent last New Years Eve here and had to.complain. It had changed hands.! We booked a table to celebrate Swiss Day, so a set meal was offered.Everything was dire,particularly the food.The main course was fillet steak with mange-tout and rosti , the steak was inedible, it wasn't even in one piece and had a nasty taste, it was obviously vac-packed in. The rosti was bought- in and the mange- tout dead, I'm not one to complain,but I did on this occasion.The table next to us sent their food back.If this restaurant wants to survive,they need to get in a chef , even my children could cook better, they said that they wished we had stayed at home. We paid £50 a head for this and feel cheated, we were not even offered a coffee or any apology.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank M1ant
Cairo, Egypt
“pleasant dining”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

A pleasant place to dine and have some good fondue and Valaisan food. Not a particularly great experience. We didn't find it that cozy or charming. Just a nice place, well located in the middle of town so easily accessible on foot, where you can have a good meal. The place was not crowded when we got there and we had reserved our table. We got a worse table than people who came later and had no booking!!! The service was not particularly anything to write home about. Again just a pleasant place. No more.

• Visited February 2013
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Terrasse with a view...”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Great view over the Lac Grenon and very friendly staff. Excellent cuisine. We had a very plesant evening. Booking recommended.

Visited August 2012