“No community spirit!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Restaurants in Stotfold
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a local country pub offering fresh local food all day a warm and friendly atmosphere and staff, along with our newly opened tea room.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Such a shame a lovely pub in a great village but NO community atmosphere....
We have attended this pub on more than one occasion for lunch or just drinks.
The food arrived late & cold and slow to serve drinks at other times..
I will not be returning at any point and also telling friends about our experience...

There are other community pubs in Stotfold like the "STAG" that make you feel welcomed!!!

2  Thank Richard D
Rob T, Owner at The Chequers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hi "No community spirit"

As the owner of the Chequers we take feedback of our pub very seriously. Reading your review however gives me no detail of your visit to identify the mistakes you feel we have made. As you can see our previous reviews are very positive and I find it quite strange that a review as harsh as yours has appeared and yet no-one has given any such feedback to myself or any members of staff.

Not only that you give no description of this apparent lack of community spirit despite the fact this year we have raised well over £1000 for local charities.

Should you wish to discuss your visit in more detail please contact me on 01462 735 465.

Can't win them all eh!

Kind regards

Rob

There are newer reviews for The Chequers

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had friends staying for the weekend and decided to try the Sunday Roast... All I can say is 'Excellent!' The meal was extremely tasty and generous in its quantity. The service was good and staff polite and friendly. We will definitely be going back for seconds!! Keep up the good work guys.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The food at this place used to be beyond awful, however I had heard good things since the new owners came in so decided to give it a try last night. I was really pleased as stotfold needs somewhere that can do pub food well, and I can now say it does. Finally!!! Good simple pub food - I hope good word spreads as the staff were really nice also so I hope they make it a success.

2  Thank Burger2013
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We ate here recently one sunny afternoon, was about 2pm and just about empty, we sat outside which was lovely. The staff were friendly. The menu looked good although a little pricey. we all decided on sandwiches which came with chips, I did ask if they had any gluten free bread which they didnt so I asked for my chicken and peppers without bread, had to wait a while for our order which considering nearly empty was a surprise. When my order came the waitress said they had given me double chicken as I didnt have bread, very small fillets and not very nice, bit overcooked and cold, not sure if should be cold. The roasted peppers were so oily and cold that am sure the 4 tiny shavings were from a jar, everyone else seemed to enjoy their sandwiches.

1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Welcoming and friendly staff. Drinks swiftly arrived. They were a bit slow to take the food order. Once food ordered it arrived in good time and was hot and tasty. I wish the chequers pub well, has it has not produced good food for a number of years.