“Enjoyable stay at Hotel Raetia”
Review of Hotel Raetia

Hotel Raetia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ilanz
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoyable stay at Hotel Raetia”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I recently stayed at Hotel Raetia on a 3rd floor room with en suite bathroom. The room was very clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the view of central Ilanz from the 3rd floor. The rooms are a great value and only a short drive to skiing in Flims and Laax. The full breakfast is quite large and very well prepared including traditional cured meats, breads and muesli (sp?). We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed their wines and a traditional fondue dinner which was very delicious and good value for the area. I would recommend and stay at Hotel Raetia if visiting Ilanz in the future.

Room Tip: Good views of the Alps and central Ilanz from the 3rd floor. Request room with en suite bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Snouchy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a skiing weekend, in a double room (private bath). I was happy, because the room was new, nice, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was quite nice, in a modern style in good taste. The room floor was old hardwood, which I like.

Watch out. I have heard people complain about the cheaper rooms with bunk beds and shared bathrooms. Avoid them if you can.

The hotel is in the village of Ilanz which is very small, but quaint. The hotel is an 8 km drive to the slopes and I do not think it is served by the shuttle, so this is an option for someone who has a car.

This is one of those hotels that charges per person. I was alone and my double room was only 78 CHF.

Overall I was happy.

Room Tip: The Double rooms are good. The rooms with shared bathroom are bad.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PickItalian
Fribourg
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I went to this hotel last week just for one night (thank God). They gave us a room on the first floor, which was a very bad idea because the restaurant is right underneath. So we weren't able to sleep before 11 pm, because of the music. It wasn't that loud in the restaurant, but in the room it felt like there was a disco right underneath. I guess the isolation isn't that good. Otherwise, the room was ok. Nevertheless, the door of the shower was too small, so half of the floor was wet. I don't know why they put sort of high-tec lights, you could choose the colour of the lights in the bathroom. But I found it totally useless and it still was too dark in there, so I had to do my makeup in another room.
We took breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel. I must say that the service was a catastrophe. One person out of three had a plate to eat. And every time we needed something we had to look for or call someone and they were absolutely not friendly. They only had white bread and the butter seemed to be old (dark yellow).
I wouldn't advise this hotel, the price is way too high for what we get.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NickyCherry

Travellers are raving about these Ilanz hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilanz
Hotel Steinbock
Romantik Hotel The Alpina Mountain Resort & Spa
ibis Chur
ibis Chur
#3 of 13 in Chur

Been to Hotel Raetia? Share your experiences!