“Wonderful find!”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Klosters
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Wonderful find!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I'm not normally one for writing reviews on hotels but our stay at The Rustico Hotel was so good I think they should be commended. A small hotel yes, but all the better for it. Some may prefer to stay in large but anonymous places, but The Rustico has genuine charm, style and comfort. Warm welcome on arrival, room with balcony to enjoy amazing sunsets and seriously good food. We stayed for 6 nights and sampled breakfast, lunch and dinner and did not eat anywhere better in Klosters. Good location 6 minutes away from the station and Gotschna cable car - used our visitor cards extensively to travel around Klosters, Davos and onwards to Filisur using train, cable cars and mountain railways. Good value

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stockport
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked three last nights in Switzerland at the Rustico - a perfect end to exploring this county. It was one of those rare occasions when you see the hotel, enter the room, check the views out of the windows and feel absolute joy. We felt even better after a good night sleep and breakfast, beautifully served - lovely bread rolls, fruit, cheese and excellent coffee! The waiter impressed our 8 year old daughter greatly by serving our favourites drinks without asking. Dining room has a special sunny atmosphere, outdoor sitting area upstairs was lovely too.There is a park, a river, amazing open air swimming pool two minutes walk away. Train station is an easy 7 minutes walk. We used complimentary train card to visit Davos, Madrisa Land and had the best meal ever in Filisur, right next to the train station with views over the mountains. Train and buses run on time and people are exceptionally helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Our top floor room had two rooms both with amazing views over the mountains
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Voorhout, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I booked a room in this hotel as my daughter was due to play the Tennis Championships in Klosters in Juli weeks beforehand and all looked well.

However, on the day of arrival the hotel (apparently overbooked) changed my booking without communication beforehand - the room I was checked in on arrival can only be described as a shed, entrance though the garbage bags that were piled up outside, the room itself was 2x3,5m, located in an annex, with a celing less than 2m high and walls so thin I could hear everything the neighbours said, no internet (main building public areas only) - no joking, see pics attached.

After complaining I was allocated a decent room in the main building the next day by the manageress.

Hotel.com was very helpful in rectifying the problems and queries.

From the hotel I received no appologies whatshowever, instead I did receive a verbal explanation that thh room I had booked was not correct and I should not have been able to book the room I booked through the computer system - nice to hear afterwards and a twist to customer service?!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank georgedegraag
Zurich
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here for 1 night mid june. This was outstanding value for a swiss 3 star hotel, paid just above 100 dollar for double room+tax+parking+breakfast, and this included 2 day mountain lift tickets for 2 people (which would cost you at least another 100 dollar if bought separately). We also enjoyed a good dinner in the hotel which was a notch above what you'd expect from a smaller property like this, some creative dishes and a true effort to serve something different then standard mountain village fare. On top of it all staff was very service minded and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 8 was spacious
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rick_Zurich
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during what is called 'inbetween' season which generally means a lot of stuff is not open/only open for a few hours a day. When we arrived I must admit, to begin with I was disappointed - we had booked a double room but discovered our room had 2 single beds! When I went downstairs to enquire, the lady was very helpful. I understand that in a lot of hotels they simply pull two beds apart or push them together depending on the booking but I would have liked for that to have happened before I had to go downstairs & enquire. The room was a bit musty smelling & the ashtray on the balcony hadn't been emptied. After reading all the other reviews here on this hotel I was very surprised!!
The bathroom is small but adequate.
Admittedly the hotel did grow on me, breakfast wasn't an epic buffet but had all the necessary options to please everyone. The coffee is also pretty good - I'd recommend an espresso!
We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs one night & were suitably impressed - we travelled as a couple, one who spoke German, one who spoke English. When we sat down to dinner the German speaker was given a German menu & the English speaker an English one, it's these kind of touches I was expecting upstairs in the hotel. The food is amazing! Some of it is quite pricey but by Swiss standards nothing outrageous, the two of us had dinner for 200chf which comprised of 2 entrees, 2 mains, 1 dessert, coffee & a bottle of wine.
This hotel is a short walk from the staion which makes it convenient & not a bad place to stay right near Davos but not quite in Davos. If I could pick up another deal to stay here we would definitely consider returning.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This place is incredible value for money. The staff is friendly. The restaurant is great. We had both dinner and breakfast and the food was real value for money. Especially the breakfast is great. Try the eggs :-) So cozy place.
Beds are fine and bathroom a bit small but for this price a real bargin. Internet is free which, in my opinion is a must for nowadays hotels.
Free parking also a plus.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a weeks skiing. We loved it, the welcome from Anja was amazing and nothing too much trouble, she even drove my husband to hospital (a 2 hour journey) when he hurt himself. Her husband Jorg is the chef and the food is fabulous, even of you don't stay at the Rustico do eat there, delightful buzzy restaurant serving exceptionally high quality food. Yes, the rooms are quite small but the enthusiast welcome more than makes up for it.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple