“Comfortable hotel in convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Astra Hotel Vevey

Astra Hotel Vevey
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Vevey
Athens, Greece
“Comfortable hotel in convenient location”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently stayed in the Astra Hotel for business purposes. This is the second time staying there, and I chose it due to location which is extremely convenient, next to the rail station and a walking distance away from my work. Overall it is a down to earth type of establishment focusing on what matters. Very polite staff, excellent quality of breakfast and a comfortable and clean room left me with a good impression. The hotel offered free wifi, which is one of the amenities I want in the hotels I choose. I would stay again, should my work requires me too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments about Astra Hotel Vevey.

I am very happy to hear that our location, staff, breakfast buffet, rooms and WiFi connexion met your expectations.

The whole team of the Astra Hotel Vevey thank you and hope to welcome you again soon.

Manager and owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hebrew first
Pilling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We stayed at the Astra as part of a group holiday with Great Rail Journeys, a first class family run hotel who know how to look after their guests. Spotlessly clean rooms, excellent food whether as a group meal or al a carte in the restaurant. A good sign was lots of locals eating in the restaurant which specialises in seafood. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a little cold to sample the rooftop jacuzzi but it looked like a great spot to relax after a sightseeing excursion. A short walk takes you through a shopping street to the shore of Lake Geneva where you can take a leisurely stroll or venture further along to Montreux.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear estimated Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our exquisite location in Vevey, our food and our services.

I thank you for your positive comments and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Aix-en-Provence
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Excellant, professional, polite staff. The room was immaculate, comfortable, chic and so comfortable. The restaurant was excellant. This is obviously an establishment where the management are hands on day today. They want you to enjoy your stay. Bravo!

Room Tip: Stay here, it's wonderful
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you for your great comments about Astra Hotel Vevey.

Your comment will be shared with the whole team.

I hope to welcome you soon.

With my warm regards,

essex
Reviewed 30 December 2012

My wife and I spent a week at this family run hotel over Christmas. It is ideally situated close to the railway station and a short walk from the lake, shops and restaurants. The hotel premises appear well maintained and, throughout our stay, we found the Reception staff to be friendly and helpful.

We were staying in one of their junior suites which comprised twin beds, a seating area with settee and armchair, two bathrooms and a small working area with desk. Décor was immaculate and all the usual amenities were available.

Breakfast was typically continental and there was a good selection of fruit, pastries, cereals and cheeses.

We ate several other meals in the hotel. All our meals were of high quality and the service was excellent.

As can be seen from other contributions, there have been problems with internet access and cost. Free WIFI is now available although, towards the end of our stay, the hotel ran out of access vouchers.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review on our Hotel and restaurant.
It is always a pleasure to see that our service and food is appreciated and met your expectations.
Regarding the no availibity of the free access card for the WiFi network, I really do apologize for that. We have now an improved system and will not running out of card during the stay of our guests.
I really hope to welcome you again soon at the Astra Hotel Vevey.

Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Just returned from an enjoyable stay at the Astra, which is one block from Lake Geneva. The room size was adequate and sparkling clean. Despite being in the heart of the city, it was very quiet in the room, and the breakfast included many different types of pastries, yogurt, fruit and cheeses. As other travelers have mentioned, getting internet service was a bit painful, but once in place was fine. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: be sure to request a non-smoking room, if this is important to you.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
AstraVevey, General Manager at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Dear estimated Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and our buffet breakfast in Astra Hotel Vevey.

I do apologize regarding the free internet access, we still work very hard to bring the best setup to our guests with our internet provider Swisscom.

We thank you for your positive comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Christophe Ming

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Literally across the road from the train station and less than 10 minutes walk to Lake Geneva and Old Town. I stayed in a superior room with kitchenette which was comfortable and spacious, with slightly dated styling (think early 90's), but in good condition.

While small, the gym/sauna/spa facilities are also very good condition.

Continental breakfast buffet is very good with great service from the waitresses.

My only gripe with Astra is the lack of free wi-fi. At the moment, guests are only entitled to 1 hour free wifi every day, which much be used in one go (i.e. you can't do 30 mins in the morning and 30 mins in the evening). This is quite prehistoric given the amount of business travellers that use the hotel who travel with iPhone's/iPads. To make matters worse, the lobby advertises 24 hours internet access for 50CHFs!!! Completely ridiculous. I find myself having to nip across the road to starbucks or mcdonalds so that I can keep in touch with the world. This is what I used to do in a cheap hostel and far below what I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
AstraVevey, Owner at Astra Hotel Vevey, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear estimated Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay among us.

We are delighted to read that our facilities and services met your expectations.

Please rest assured that your comment on the Free Wifi system has been heard. That is one of our most important matters at this time.

The point is our supplier (Swisscom, the biggest supplier in Switzerland regarding phone and internet networks) is providing us solutions with a range of possibilities. We are trying to enhance this, to be able to give all our estimated guests the best possible free WiFi connexion.

At this time, you have the possibility to connect with a SMS code valid for 1 hour & then you need to reconnect with a new SMS code or some free access card that are at disposal at the front desk.

We do apologize, as the setup of the Free Wifi is totally new and we still work hard to bring the best solutions for our entire worldwide guests, the final setup and efficiency of the network will take effect very soon.

We are hoping that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon and we will have the chance to surprise you with our regular high standing services.

Christophe Ming

General Manager and Owner
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Central and only 10 minutes from the lakefront. Easy parking in their garage, bit tight in a large car, but easy to find. Good welcome. Spotless room with decent bed and large bathroom.
Nice bar and bistro, very nice meal and despite eating alone ( business trip) was given good table and good service. Food very nice and well priced (for Switzerland)

Agree with others, at these prices Internet should be free..

All staff very helpful and pleasant.

Would return next time in the area

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vevey
Grand Hotel du Lac
Modern Times Hotel
Modern Times Hotel
#1 of 1 in Saint-Legier-La Chiesaz
Hotel Les Negociants

Been to Astra Hotel Vevey? Share your experiences!